Requires Master Password to enable TouchID

Options
thegdgteer
thegdgteer
Community Member

I've noticed that under certain circumstances (not sure what triggers it) 1Password will say it requires my master password to re-enable TouchID even though it has not been the 2 weeks set in settings. However, if I quit and restart 1Password it will then accept my TouchID entry. Is this a bug?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8.8 (688002)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@thegdgteer: Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry for the trouble. That is a bit confusing. Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Also, you've posted in the Mac beta category of the forum but it looks like you might be using the stable version. Let me know. Thanks in advance!

• skein
    skein
    Community Member
    Options

I get this all the time. Despite no reboot, and entering the master password, I'll frequently get prompted to enter the password again to re-enable touchID way before the 2 week limit. As well as quitting the app and restarting, using the browser plugin (and, presumably, 1p mini) will allow you use touchid to unlock.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2018
    Options

@skein

That seems strange. Thanks for the screenshot. To better troubleshoot this we’d like to get a look ‘under the hood,’ as it were. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#NHF-41181-227] (note: this ID is for skein — if you are also experiencing this issue please ask for your own)

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out. Please let us know here once you’ve sent it so that we can expedite your request.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: NHF-41181-227

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2018
    Options

@thegdgteer

Please follow the above instructions but for the subject line please use this support ID:

[#FUM-25283-853] (note: this ID is for thegdgteer — if you are also experiencing this issue please ask for your own)

Thanks!

Ben

ref: FUM-25283-853

• thegdgteer
    thegdgteer
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Thanks, next time I see this I'll create the report and send.

Also, you've posted in the Mac beta category of the forum but it looks like you might be using the stable version

Hmm, I thought I was on the beta as I do have this checked and I'm on the latest version when checking for Updates.

• Ben
    Options

Very good. :)

Hmm, I thought I was on the beta as I do have this checked and I'm on the latest version when checking for Updates.

Gotcha. Thanks!

Ben

• thegdgteer
    thegdgteer
    Community Member
    Options

FYI, Ben, had the issue again today and just emailed the diagnostic report.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@thegdgteer: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: FUM-25283-853

• skein
    skein
    Community Member
    Options

Sent. I don't use the beta, though, this is the release version. Got here by googling the issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@skein: Thanks! And no problem. There isn't currently a beta of 1Password for Mac, so all of us will be using the stable. We'll see if we can find any clues as to what might be causing this. :)

ref: NHF-41181-227

• skein
    skein
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know if a second parse might help, but it's just done it again: for the main client touchid is not available and it wants the Master Password to unlock, but if I ignore that, go to any browser to use the plugin, it will allow me to unlock via touchid (and thus unlocks the main client, too).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@skein: The added details are perfect. Thank you! I'll pass that along to the development team. That may help them as they investigate this. :)

This discussion has been closed.