Can't connect my Android device (with 1password6, purchased) to a WLAN OR Dropbox backup folder

Options
SidneyJV
SidneyJV
Community Member

Hi team wonder,

I can't seem to connect my android device (with 1password6, purchased) to a WLAN network. The desktop shows a WLAN server with a couple of letters to verify. But from my phone, there is no way to enter that confirmation code.

I also can't sync through Dropbox, installed on both my phone and Desktop

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.1
Sync Type: Dropbox or WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:android sync doesn't work

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SidneyJV: Thanks for reaching out! It sounds like you're just looking in the wrong place. Please follow the instructions here to setup sync on your Android device:

How to sync 1Password with Dropbox

How to use the WLAN server

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Either way, let me know if you have any questions. Cheers! :)

• SidneyJV
    SidneyJV
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty,

Thanks, but both flows don't work for me.

I don't want to go for a membership since i already paid (quite a bit) for the paid account.

• SidneyJV
    SidneyJV
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Is there a way I can get the sync to work over either dropbox or wlan? I find it a bit weird that I can't seem to get it to work.
    I'm not prompted in my phone to add any confirmation code that's shown on my desktop.

Thanks again!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Brenty, Thanks, but both flows don't work for me.

@SidneyJV: You're welcome, but can you be more specific?

I don't want to go for a membership since i already paid (quite a bit) for the paid account.

I hear you. To be clear, you don't have an account in that case. But no worries, just wanted to let you know there's a better way. If you decide you'd like to try that though, just shoot us an email at support@1password.com and post the Support ID you receive here so we can help you make the transition.

Is there a way I can get the sync to work over either dropbox or wlan? I find it a bit weird that I can't seem to get it to work.

I find that weird too, since countless other people are using these sync methods with similar setups. We don't have any control over ether ultimately, but unless there's something really weird about your network environment, it should be possible to get it working.

I'm not prompted in my phone to add any confirmation code that's shown on my desktop. Thanks again!

It sounds like you're referring to WLAN Server. If you're trying to switch back and forth between that and Dropbox after you've already setup the app, that will be why you're running into trouble, as that isn't possible. These sync methods are completely separate and don't work together. You'll need to choose one or the other from the get go.

If you have all of your data in 1Password on your Mac, please delete 1Password rom your Android device, install a fresh copy, and setup the app with your preferred sync method from the start. If you run into any issues, be specific: tell me the exact steps you're taking and what is or is not happening as you expect. Thanks in advance!

• SidneyJV
    SidneyJV
    Community Member
    Options

Yes! Reinstalling worked like a charm.

Thanks a lot, Brenty.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! Thanks for letting me know. You're totally welcome. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.