What is the trick to making text bold in Secure Notes?

iamecho
iamecho
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

1Password 7 looks fantastic! I can't wait to explore it all.

I feel this should be obvious, but I can't make text bold in secure notes. I tried highlighting and selecting Cmd B, and I went through all the drop down menus. In Dave's announcement he said to use mark down but I don't see that as an option.

Should I simply delete 1Password 6 from my mac and then download the new 7? Will that delete the safari extension?

1Password Version: 6.8.8(688022)
Extension Version: 4.7.0.b4
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: Families account

Comments

• JayTay
    JayTay
    Community Member

If you're not familiar with it, Markdown works by using standard symbols to change text display. For bold use two asterisks before and after the word - it's the same as used on this forum to apply formatting. I'm assuming they are using the original Markdown syntax so take a look here.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@JayTay Thanks so much for your help. I tried that (example: test of bold) and all I got was asterisks.

• JayTay
    JayTay
    Community Member

@iamecho It only shows the formatting after you hit save.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@JayTay I did hit save but no luck. I'll try again. Thank you.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@JayTay I'm an idiot. I was trying this in 1Password 6. Thank you Jay.

• That would do it. 1Password 7 beta 1 is required to view markdown (formatted). On earlier versions you'll just see the raw markdown, which is still pretty human readable (that is one of the premises behind it), but it won't be parsed. Thanks! :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.