"Include beta builds" in Preferences -> Updates is not checked

jerkob
jerkob
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

In the preferences, "Include beta builds" is not checked. Do I need to check it to get updates to this beta? And if so, you may want to have it be checked by default for the beta builds.

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jerkob,

Were you on the beta track before installing v7.0 beta 1?

Ben

• @jerkob,

You will want to manually download and install this beta. We have not turned on the switch that presents this as a beta update to 6.x users.

Rudy

• jerkob
    jerkob
    Community Member

I was not on the beta track before, but I have now installed the 1Password 7 beta. My question is when 7.0. BETA-2 comes out, will I get prompted to update if "include beta builds" is not checked?

If "include beta builds" needs to be checked for me to get 7.0.BETA-2 (or whatever the next update to the beta is), then you might want to let beta testers know that, or default it to checked during the beta. Otherwise people that did what I did (replaced non-beta version 6 with beta version 7) may never get the subsequent beta updates and will be stuck with 7.0.BETA-1 up until the official release.

• The logic behind not checking the beta checkbox when someone installs a beta one-off is that we might send customers a beta build to try and address a particular issue they are having, but don't want them to then be on the beta train indefinitely. But you're right -- I could certainly see this causing some difficulty. I'll mention it.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.