1Password extension not working in Viasat browser

Options

The 1Password browser extension is not working in the Viasat browser. This browser is Chrome variant with features designed to improve browsing performance over satellite links.

The (1) icon just blinks, and when clicked presents several options. These are:
"1Password beta (desktop application required)"
"1Password"
"Options" (greyed out)
"Remove from Viasat Browser..."
"Hide in Viasat Browser Menu"

"Manage Extensions"

I should note that the 1Password browser extension is working fine in both my Safari and Chrome browsers.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.1.2
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @E634Me,

1Password will only allow connections from known browsers that pass a code verification test. This test requires knowledge of the signing certificate and this knowledge is hardcoded inside of 1Password. I'm sadden to say it is very unlikely that 1Password will ever directly support the Viasat browser. As it stands 1Password supports the following browsers:

• Safari (macOS only)
    • Firefox
    • Chrome
    • Vivaldi
    • Opera
    • Brave

Normally I would ask if one of the latter would be a possibility if you're not a fan of Chrome but you've described why you're using Viasat and that particular property is undoubtedly unique to it. If you happen to be a 1Password account holder (on contrast to a licence with standalone vaults) then 1Password X: A look at the future of 1Password in the browser may be a possibility as it connects directly to the server and not the native application running on the computer. If you have questions about this other extension we even have a section dedicated to it in these forums at 1Password X.

This discussion has been closed.