Restricting vaults on one machine

sriggins
sriggins
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Families

I use Families and have a Windows gaming machine. Currently I use v4 and a dropbox vault because I never want all of my vaults on that machine. I copy gaming account passwords to that vault and it works well.

I would like to use a newer, families licensed version but if I sign into my account, 1password dowbloads all of my vaults. It seems that I can hide a vault, but the data is still on the machine.

How can I tell 1Password to not download any vaults, even personal, except for my gaming vault?

Thank you.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@sriggins - 1Password Families isn't set up to do what you're looking to do. If you have a 1Password Families account, you could invite yourself at a different email address, as a guest. That would allow you access to only a single vault (which you would choose for your "guest" in the web app under your main account); then you could sign in on the gaming PC, and you'd see only those items that you put into the special vault.

• sriggins
    sriggins
    Community Member

You know i may have been told this idea before and forgot. I have open slots so I may make this other account a family member so it can also create new passwords as needed.

Thank you!

• Guests can also create items if you give them those permissions. The limit is that they can only access one vault, and it must be a shared vault (i.e. they can’t have a “Private” vault). :)

Ben

• sriggins
    sriggins
    Community Member

Sweet! I love your stuff.

• Thanks for saying so. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.