New to 1P: Offline Usage

Options
KenC_
KenC_
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Good Afternoon, and thank you for welcoming me to the community.

I am brand new to 1P, and looking to make my first purchase of a 1PW7 license. I'm also interested in helping with developing the Beta, but my use case is strictly offline/local storage. I have installed the Beta and can find no means to use the software without a 1P account (which I would prefer not to have, as I intend on a single license purchase), or to use a Folder from previous versions (which I have not used/don't really intend to try and learn).

Is there something I'm missing here, or is the beta (and by extension 1PW7) unusable as a standalone install?

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• KenC_
    KenC_
    Community Member
    Options

N/M. Used 1PW4 to generate a local keychain that I brought into 1PW7. Was easier than I thought. Look forward to helping improve 1PW7.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @KenC_,

Thanks for writing in.

I'm glad you got it working now. The first beta release of 1Password 7 does not yet have an option to create a new standalone vault but it does open an existing vault as you've found out. Our current focus is on supporting standalone vaults with current users for the first beta build, get it nicely polished and stable before we move on to enabling the option to creating new vaults in the beta 2 (or later) release.

Please do let us know what you think of 1Password 7 so far as a new user. It's not polished as it can be for new users but it is going to be improved upon throughout the many beta updates coming.

This discussion has been closed.