652 items "moved" to vault results in 725 items

Options
Steve Hyde
Steve Hyde
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi,

I just downloaded the 1P 7 beta and created a 1P trial account. Having installed everything, I started the migration of items from my 1P6 local vault to the "online vault" using 1P6. This got interrupted and stuck at around 200 items. I then deleted everything from the online vault and tried copying all the items again (Item>Share>Copy to xxx vault). I had 652 items in the old vault and after the copy action, there were 725 items in the new vault.

I thought I'd made a mistake and not deleted all the old items so I tried again: deleted the 725 items, selected 652 in the old vault and copied them again. I double checked that everything had been deleted then copied the 652 items again. Once again, the new vault contains 725 items!

Any thoughts as to why this might be happening?

Steve

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 1P 7 beta 3
OS Version: macOS 10.13.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Steve Hyde
    Steve Hyde
    Community Member
    Options

I've just found the answer to this! I see that 1P7 splits out imported attachments that had been saved in items and calls them documents. The number of documents in my new vault are the cause of the discrepancy.

Consider this closed.

Steve

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, sorry for the confusion there, Steve. Just to clarify for you or anyone else who has similar questions, this doesn't have anything to do with 1Password 7 or the beta. Rather, migrating to a 1Password.com account from a standalone vault does this, since 1Password.com uses discrete Documents for files added to a vault, not attachments to existing items as standalone vaults used. So, for every item with an attachment in a standalone vault that you migrate to 1Password.com, you'll have two items in the destination: the original item (e.g. Login, Secure Note, etc.) and a Document for the file. I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.