Website Feature Request: Secret Key Reset?

AlwaysSortaCurious
AlwaysSortaCurious
Community Member

How about an easy way to blow out our secret key after we sign out? or from within the session? Sometimes I forget to check that public checkbox, I have the app installed locally and would rather not leave that tidbit of information (the secret key) hanging out in my browser storage at work, or home for that matter. hmm... actually, wonder if it would make sense for the checkbox to already be checked, but I bet those office arguments already happened...

I could blow out the entire cache, or specifically the 1password storage in content settings, but.... being lazy

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AlwaysSortaCurious: It's probably easier to just check that box and sign back in. But yeah, I see your point. Not sure it's something we'll add given there hasn't been much interest, but it's something we'll continue to evaluate. Cheers! :)

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member

Agreed. but the memory always forgets! Somehow, being lazy is easy to remember... hmmm....

• Should you forget to check that box, you can always go to the Account List and delete the entry for your account. Doing so will blow away the secret key from local storage.

Rick

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member

Hmmm.... that's a good point, you know what might be nice there while we touching on the subject? Perhaps a way to easily distinguish between browsers and devices, so maybe I could blow out all browsers in one go and not risk doing it to devices? or at least work through the list more manageabley?

There are often multiple occurrences for the same browser/ip (chrome on my laptop and desktop I guess) and sometimes the same device (that I don't get), so it gets to be cluttered after a while.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AlwaysSortaCurious: Believe me when I tell you that my device list is much more cluttered than yours. :lol:

We've made some improvements to this already fairly recently, but suffice to say there are other things we'd like to do to make it more manageable, though hopefully not involving manual management. Most people don't want a new hobby, and if they did, that wouldn't be it. Cheers! ;)

This discussion has been closed.