Tags [currently supported for 1Password.com accounts]

tomo051
tomo051
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Android

Hello,

Can't see tags in this beta version, under the folder tab there is nothing. Are tags planned in the future for the android app?

Thanks,
Tomislav

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tomo051: If you don't see the Tags tab at the bottom of the app, perhaps you don't have any items with tags. Are you using a local vault or a 1Password.com account?

• tomo051
    tomo051
    Community Member

I'm using local vault synced through dropbox to android. Desktop version converted .agilechain to .opvault, and converted folders to tags, and I see tags in desktop beta app. Today I've installed android beta 3 version, but I don't see tags at the bottom of the app, I have favourites, categories, folders and setting at the bottom, should I clear app data of the app?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tomo051: Ah, thanks for clarifying. It sounds like you still have the original local vault on Android. If you've got all of your data in the app on your computer, then yes, reinstall the app on your Android device and set it up with the new one. That should do the trick for you. :)

• tomo051
    tomo051
    Community Member

@brenty , Tried to reinstall app, clear data, did sync to dropbox, but again don't see tags, at the bottom still have above mentioned categories. It's beta 4 version of app.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tomo051: I think we're not on the same page here. Are you not using a 1Password.com account?

• tomo051
    tomo051
    Community Member

@brenty No, I'm using 1password on android, copied vault on dropbox and synced it with beta version of 1pass 7, in which it converted folders to tags, but now in android app I don't see tags, and the folder section is empty.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tomo051: Thanks for letting me know. To be clear, do you have any tags? Are you able to add a tag to an item in 1Password for Android? 1Password for Windows version 7 does not support folders at all, so you will not see those there.

• tomo051
    tomo051
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

@brenty On android 1pass beta 4 app I can create a folder, and put item to a folder, then when I open desktop 7 beta app that item shows tag (folder) what I created on android app, but I don't have other folders in android app which I lost during the process of transferring vault to dropbox and re-installing android app, which I thought it would sync back from desktop app.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tomo051: Thanks for your patience. I understand now. I thought you were using a 1Password.com account at first. 1Password for Android uses tags for 1Password.com accounts. Since you're using only a local vault, you'll only see the folder option. But 1Password for Windows supports only tags. That's the direction the Android app is heading too, but I'm sorry for the confusion in the mean time. Thanks for bringing this up!

ref: OPA-1492

• tomo051
    tomo051
    Community Member

@brenty No problem, will wait till Android app gets tags too. Thanks for clarification.

Regards,
    Tomislav.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We're just getting started on tags for 1Password.com accounts, but hopefully we'll be able to bring those to local vaults in a future beta as well. Cheers! :)

• dmitryb
    dmitryb
    Community Member

I'm also NOT using 1Password.com account and have been synching my vault with Dropbox between my iPhone and Mac.
    Recently I switched to Android and purchased 1Password app on Google Play to enable Pro features. What was my surprise when I couldn't find tags! I mean I couldn't believe it, this has been working on both iOS and Mac since long time and I thought it must be a bug that I don't see tags on Android. Turned out this is "normal" as it was put in the response to my request and the suggestion was "you will have to switch to a 1Password.com account if you want to use tags".
    The "No tags support on Android" issue has been around for at least two years now and being one of the most basic and important features still not solved. It becomes really hard to use the app when you have over several hundreds items in your vault and can not see the list of tags or at least search items by tags.
    Please make it work and not only for 1Password.com users. I believe there are quite a few people who enjoys using 1P apps but doesn't want their vaults to be stored on the company servers and we want to have the same functionality/features as 1P.com users, after all we pay for the licence and I've done it twice already!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm also NOT using 1Password.com account and have been synching my vault with Dropbox between my iPhone and Mac. Recently I switched to Android and purchased 1Password app on Google Play to enable Pro features. What was my surprise when I couldn't find tags! I mean I couldn't believe it, this has been working on both iOS and Mac since long time and I thought it must be a bug that I don't see tags on Android.

@dmitryb: I'm sorry for the confusion, but that's why "tags" are not listed among the Pro Features available in 1Password for Android, since they're a fairly recent addition and only work for 1Password.com vaults.

Turned out this is "normal" as it was put in the response to my request and the suggestion was "you will have to switch to a 1Password.com account if you want to use tags".

No, Daniel did not say that to you.

The "No tags support on Android" issue has been around for at least two years now and being one of the most basic and important features still not solved. It becomes really hard to use the app when you have over several hundreds items in your vault and can not see the list of tags or at least search items by tags.

I hear you, but I couldn't use tags in 1Password for Android either previously. It just isn't a feature that was available there at all.

Please make it work and not only for 1Password.com users. I believe there are quite a few people who enjoys using 1P apps but doesn't want their vaults to be stored on the company servers and we want to have the same functionality/features as 1P.com users, after all we pay for the licence and I've done it twice already!

That's sort of like saying "I've already paid for my last two phones. I shouldn't have to pay for a third!" And, to be clear, there's never been a paid upgrade for 1Password for Android, so you probably didn't (or, at least, shouldn't have) paid for it twice — and, again, you didn't pay for the tags feature, because it did not exist. But you're right that it would be useful to be able to use tags with local vaults. I'd like to be able to use it with mine myself. I'll pass along your feedback, and perhaps we can add local vault support in a future version.

Certainly not everyone wants to use 1Password.com for various reasons, regardless of the fact that your data is encrypted and only you ever have the keys to it. Just keep in mind that there are many capabilities and features which you won't be able to benefit from in that case, as we need to focus our time and energy where we can do the most good for the greatest number of users. You can't have it both ways. But we'll see what we can do. Thanks for letting us know how important this feature is to you!

ref: OPA-1493

• kurtd
    kurtd
    Community Member

I use 1Password 7 on Windows with my dropbox account. As mentioned by others, the vault was converted and now I only have tags. Android app only has a folder icon which is empty when clicked on. When will the android app support tags?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

I use 1Password 7 on Windows with my dropbox account. As mentioned by others, the vault was converted and now I only have tags. Android app only has a folder icon which is empty when clicked on.

@kurtd: Ah, gotcha. To be clear, the reason you're not seeing tags already is, I'm guessing, because you're using a local vault. We're going through a bit of a transition. Sorry for the confusion there.

When will the android app support tags?

Version 7. :)

ref: android-15

• goetzel
    goetzel
    Community Member

Just updated to 7.0.2 on my Pixel XL: Can not edit or add any tags. Using a local vault. When will this be fixed?

By the way: Can not see my saved credit-cards in 1password anymore, getting an error message...

Not the best update.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Just updated to 7.0.2 on my Pixel XL: Can not edit or add any tags. Using a local vault. When will this be fixed?

@goetzel: Tags can be viewed in 1Password for Android now. We'll be adding management capabilities for them in an update.

ref: android-121

By the way: Can not see my saved credit-cards in 1password anymore, getting an error message... Not the best update.

What error message?

• goetzel
    goetzel
    Community Member

That's to many lines to copy them in here.
    But it starts with "internal error: Cannot fill properties"

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@goetzel: Hmm. And you get that same error when trying to view any Credit Card item? How about other item types? I'm not seeing any strings in 1Password matching that, so it may be coming from the OS.

• goetzel
    goetzel
    Community Member

That is exactly what I am getting with any Credit Card item. Checked the other types, they seem to work as expected.
    Adding a new Credit Card works fine.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@goetzel: Thanks for confirming. Glad to hear that everything else seems to be working normally, but we'll need to investigate that error. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#XMU-94418-447]

If you’re reading this and you are not goetzel, this Support ID is for goetzel only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: XMU-94418-447

• goetzel
    goetzel
    Community Member

Thank you. The requested report was just sent.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! We'll take a look and get back to you via email. :)

This discussion has been closed.