1password7b repeatedly crashing (reproducible)

Options
kenj
kenj
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm starting from scratch on my MBP (OSX 10.12.6) and trying to sync with icloud, which was updated from my imac (also running 1password7 beta (standalone mode) and the original sync for my passwords).

The scenario that is repeatable:
Start 1password7.
It recognizes that I'm starting fresh. I say I want to sync from icloud.
It sees my icloud db and I select it and continue.
I enter my password phrase and hit enter.
1password7 crashes

I don't know how to get a log from it since it never actually starts... let me know and I'll do what I can to assist in resolving the problem. Note, I have 1password7 beta running fine on my imac and just trying to sync it with my MBP.

1Password Version: v7 beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@kenj,

What you're describing sounds like a bug that was fixed in b3, instead of gong through with setup check for updates first.

Rudy

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

I am on b1. Upon selecting "Check for update" the 1password updater crashes repeatedly. I'm going to remove and reinstall 1password7 to see if it fixes the problem.
    Didn't fix it. Now trying reboot and fresh install.

• rudy
    Options

@kenj,

Click on beta updates on the updates tab so that the checkbox is checked, then do the check for updates.

Rudy

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

I do not see an updates tab (or menu) on my 1password7 b1 (Mac) version. There's only "Check for updates..." (and no option for selecting beta versions). Is there a more direct way (i.e. download) that I can access to get the b4 version?

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

I found the b4 version (perusing thru forum)... successfully updated 1password7 to b4. However, check for updates is still crashing.

• Ben
    Options

@kenj

Please enable 1Password > Preferences > Updates > betas

Ben

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member
    Options

Got it! Things are working smoothly now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry for the rough ride there, but glad that did the trick for you! Have a great weekend! :)

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Not a problem. That's what beta is about. You also enjoy the weekend and thank you for the quick responses.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Likewise, thanks for participating in the beta! :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.