Identity filling at on-running.com

matty666
matty666
Community Member
edited March 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

I click the identity I want to use and nothing happens, it doesn't fill any of the forms.

It also won't let me copy a single line of the address so I can paste into the individual fields, it copies the whole address or nothing

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: 1.6.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matty666
    matty666
    Community Member

I just had a case where 1Password X wouldn't fill an address form, for whatever reason. The form for the address was individual fields, and so I was going to cut and paste the address lines from the identity manually.

However, I can only copy the whole address from the identity, I can't select a line and copy it, as it just puts the while lot in the clipboard and then closes the window.

If would be nice for these occasions where the form filling doesn't work to be able to copy the individual parts. Maybe you don't need to provide copy buttons for each line, but have the window stay up and enable selection on the address, the copy button could stay the same and copy the whole address.

1Password Version: 6.8.496
    Extension Version: 1.6
    OS Version: Windows 10
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018

@matty666: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! You've posted in the 1Password X category of the forum, and it sounds like you have 1Password X installed in Chrome(?), but I think you may be trying to use 1Password for Windows to fill here:

https://www.on-running.com/en-au/checkout/address

Is that correct?

I'm not having any issues filling there with 1Password X (except that the site is complaining that I'm trying to change the country) or 1Password for Windows though, so I suspect you just need to install the 1Password desktop browser extension which will work with the latter:

1Password desktop browser extensions

Also, if you right click an Identity in Windows 1Password mini, it will give you the option to copy individual fields:

Does that help? :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@matty666: Yep! Great point. But I think while it's something we'll continue to evaluate, it's more important that we improve 1Password's filling so that isn't necessary. I don't think that its possible to keep the 1Password X menu open either, but maybe we can come up with another clever solution tat could help.

However, in your example, I'm not actually having any trouble getting 1Password X (or the Windows app) to fill an identity there. Can you tell me more about your setup? For example, what's the browser version you're using, and do you have any other extensions installed? Also, are you certain you were using 1Password X to try to fill? It looks like this:

Thanks in advance! :)

• matty666
    matty666
    Community Member

@brenty: yes sorry, did I post in the wrong forum... I was using 1 Password X in chrome on windows to fill the form.

I just tried it again on a different pc and it doesn't work, i click the 1 Password X button, and then click the fill button in the fill address for the identity I want and the 1 Password X window disappears but nothing else happens.

It doesn't fill the email, or any of the other details.

Also how should it know which address to fill, if I un-check the 'billing address same as delivery address' box there are two address forms, can I use different identities to fill each?

• matty666
    matty666
    Community Member

@brenty: sure, I am using chrome Version 64.0.3282.186 (Official Build) (64-bit) on windows 10 and I am using 1Password X. I do have a number of other extensions installed.

I did try filling the address form in a different pc this morning, yesterday was my work pc, and today my home pc and both don't fill it. 1 Password X does fill login forms ok though

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@matty666: Thanks for letting me know. Definitely update Chrome:

chrome://settings/help

Or install a fresh copy. 65 has been out for a while and 66 is imminent. I suspect that whatever has you stuck on the old version may be interfering with other normal functions as well. Let me know if that helps.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018

@matty666: No need to apologize. I'm not sure you posted in the wrong forum after all since multiple things were involved, so I've actually merged these discussions to narrow down where you're having trouble with 1Password X. Make sure you're up to data with Chrome, and then restart your computer to see if that gets filling working in the first place and we'll go from there. :)

• matty666
    matty666
    Community Member

Hi @brenty I've updated chrome and restarted and now it's filling the first address in ok. If I uncheck the billing is the same as delivery address checkbox it shows a new set of address fields for billing address. I can't get 1 password x to fill in the second address. Whichever identity I choose doesn't do anything.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@matty666: Correct. 1Password will only fill the first set of fields it recognizes on the page. It's the same if a webpage contains multiple login or payment forms (for example, if you wanted to split the cost between multiple cards). There just isn't any way currently for 1Password to know your intent. Perhaps we can figure out a reliable way of doing something like that in the future, but in the mean time I'm glad that you were able to get back up and running by updating and restarting Chrome. Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.