Favorite indicator too subtle?

elDub
elDub
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Are the favorite icons (favorited, not favorited) perhaps a bit too similar? I keep clicking it and looking for some reflection of the status change within the body of the entry and didn't even notice that the button was changing. (Perhaps my mouse was hovering over the teeny tiny difference in the button.)

Not Favorited:

Favorited:

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-4
Extension Version: 7.0.BETA-4
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ElDub - thanks for reporting your experience. I'll pass along your feedback. :)

• Hi @elDub ! That is actually one I struggled with a bit. It felt odd to me to have colors in toolbar icons on macOS and the couple other black and white versions I tried I really disliked. I may still try going with color but wanted to try it out this way for a bit. One of the things that is currently planned but is missing in the current beta that should help with this is to have a favorites badge in the list view that you would see being applied and removed when you click this button. Here's the mockup of the list badge:

Hopefully our devs can get that bit added soon!

• elDub
    elDub
    Community Member

A badge at least on the list item, and perhaps somehow in the main body would give some good feedback. I understand trying to keep the buttons in the chrome monochrome though.

• :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.