Import of 1Password 6 Vault (macOS) into 1Password 7 (Windows) looses all handmade icons

Options
Erik_NL
Erik_NL
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have made for all my items *.png files for the best icons. All these graphics have been lost after I have moved the Vault to 1Password 7 beta

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Erik_NL,

Thanks for reporting this. It should import custom icons for existing standalone vaults.

Can you restart 1Password and let me know if it shows up? To do this, go to the 1Password Menu > Exit and then reopen 1Password, see if it shows up.

• Erik_NL
    Erik_NL
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,

1 at the third attempt the "handmade" icons shows up at 1Password for Windows. The quality of these icons seems to be reduced a little compared with the original macOS version. (see screenshots)

2 Is the upgrade to 1P for Windows 7 free for current (stand alone) users of 1P for Windows 4?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Erik_NL,

That looks okay to me. Note that the icons may not scale well if you’ve uploaded high resolution images on macOS. 1Password will try to scale it down on different computers to fix it.

1Password 7 will not be a free upgrade, it will require a new license purchase. You can find the details on the bottom of our blog post here: https://blog.agilebits.com/2018/03/20/introducing-1password-7-beta-for-windows/

Pricing

1Password 7 is included free with every 1Password membership. This includes individual accounts, as well as anyone who is part of a family or team. If this is you, you’re all set! Jump to the next section to get started with the beta.

For standalone license holders, 1Password 7 for Windows will be a paid upgrade. Once 1Password 7 for Windows is officially released later this year, a new license will be required and will cost $64.99.

If you join the beta you will get access to a special discount to show our thanks for helping us get the beta polished. The code hasn’t been written yet, but in the next few months an upgrade window will appear, giving you the opportunity to purchase your license for just $39.99.

This discussion has been closed.