How canI use the password I alone know and remember? What do I do

nbrandle1
nbrandle1
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Mac

I purchased password long ago. It still comes up and is on my dock but it doesnt like the password only I remember. I am also unclear as to what my account settings are since I haven't heard much about paying more ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I don't remember my password and no one else does either

ref: RNM-43683-174

Comments

• nbrandle1
    nbrandle1
    Community Member

I don't know what 1 password 6 Beta means but I had to check something. I have had 1 password but didn't use it for awhile. It is still on my dock but will not take the password I remember and want to use. I tried another company but prefer I password because it was user-friendly. However it is useless to me and I have been shut out because the password situation. Could you please tell me what I can do to be able to ACTUALLY USE 1 password regain my major main password to get in.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:I don't remember my password and no one else does either

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

I purchased password long ago. It still comes up and is on my dock but it doesnt like the password only I remember. I am also unclear as to what my account settings are since I haven't heard much about paying more ?

@nbrandle1: Sorry for the confusion! You will only have an account if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account.

I don't know what 1 password 6 Beta means but I had to check something. I have had 1 password but didn't use it for awhile. It is still on my dock but will not take the password I remember and want to use. I tried another company but prefer I password because it was user-friendly. However it is useless to me and I have been shut out because the password situation. Could you please tell me what I can do to be able to ACTUALLY USE 1 password regain my major main password to get in.

I'm sorry to hear that. (Un)fortunately AgileBits has neither access to your 1Password data nor the Master Password used to secure it, so this isn't something we can 'reset' for you to help directly. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. You can try as many times as you want. You won’t be “locked out”, but you will not be able to access your data unless you can enter the required Master Password correctly. Please let me know how it turns out.

ref: RNM-43683-174

• Tully
    Tully
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

Hi @nbrandle1! I can see where you've written in to us as well as posting here on the forum so I've replied to you on email just now – this will allow us to discuss the specifics of your account in private. So as not to get confused, let's carry on the conversation over email – if for some reason you don't see any email from us let us know here so we can chase it down. Looking forward to getting things straightened out!

This discussion has been closed.