Delete local vault?

MrC
MrC
Volunteer Moderator
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I don't see a way to delete a local vault - is it not possible yet in 7.0.BETA-4 (70000004)?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @MrC

Until the delete menu item gets into the … button, select the vault in the vault picker and use the Vault menu's delete menu item to remove the vault.

Rudy

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

It appears I cannot delete my old, original Primary vault. I also have a local Import Testing vault. I'll just delete it, and use my Primary Vault as my Import Testing vault.

• @MrC To delete the Primary vault, secondary ones have to be deleted first. Then you can delete the Primary one by choosing Vault > Delete Vault as Rudy mentioned. Hope that helps!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Thanks @Jacob,

I need one local vault for my converter suite testing, so I suppose it has to be the Primary vault anyway.

• @MrC Ah right! If you want to just stick with one, the Primary will indeed have to be there.

• Damnatus
    Damnatus
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

Which way would be the best, if I want to keep the data of the secondary vault (business related stuff), but want to delete the primary vault (which is now redundant as I switched to 1PW Family).

I want to keep the secondary Vault offline.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Damnatus - you'd need to make the current secondary vault into the Primary vault. If you use 1Password in standalone mode, the default vault is ALWAYS "Primary" -- you can't delete it, because if you did, you'd have no data at all. And you can't just use a secondary vault because the Primary vault is the one that has the Master Password associated with it. It's a little more complicated than that, but the long and short of it is that if you no longer need the contents of your Primary vault but you DO need the contents of your secondary vault, then make sure the Primary vault is empty, and move your items from the secondary vault into the Primary vault. You can then delete the secondary vault.

• Damnatus
    Damnatus
    Community Member

This is an excellent idea. Done that. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Damnatus - glad I could help! :)

This discussion has been closed.