Local WiFi sync: Only primary vault is syncing

SimMac
SimMac
Community Member

I recently added a second local vault to 1Password 6.8.8 on MacOS 10.13.2. I checked the new vault in the WLAN Server settings. However, 1Password 7.0.BETA-3 on Android only syncs the Primary Vault for me, the new vault does not appear in the Android App.

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@SimMac: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password for Android only supports a single local vault. You can, however, use practically any number of vaults with a 1Password.com account since they're managed on the server. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• SimMac
    SimMac
    Community Member

@brenty Ohh okay, I understand. Is support for multiple local vaults planned? I am only using local vaults, I am sure you understand that even though I fully trust the security provided by the encryption I want to keep the data on my own devices.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ohh okay, I understand. Is support for multiple local vaults planned?

@SimMac: We do not currently have plans to add support for multiple local vaults to 1Password for Android. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you on that count, but thanks for letting us know that's a feature you'd like us to develop.

I am only using local vaults, I am sure you understand that even though I fully trust the security provided by the encryption I want to keep the data on my own devices.

I'm sorry to be a pain, but can I ask why? Not to put to fine a point on it, but if you don't trust the security of our hosted service, it probably doesn't make sense to trust the standalone app either. After all, the same people have put the same care into the security of both. They're the same fundamental security model, and local vaults are by no stretch of the imagination insecure, but 1Password.com has the benefit of the additional security of the Secret Key. You can learn more in the security white paper, but at the end of the day, regardless of where the encrypted data is stored, we never have the keys to it; only you do. Just something to consider.

This discussion has been closed.