Woohoo, Nested Tags are here! / Editing tags causes a crash [fixed in beta 9]

I've asked for this a few years now, thank you for adding them. Now, once we get it collapsible, it's going to be awesome!

Comments

• JayTay
    JayTay
    Community Member

One immediate issue I see with the nested tags is that I have a few passwords imported from LastPass that I never got around to sorting tags on that are all in the format "lastpass-import-18/08/2016" so unfortunately this date format creates some extra nested tags!

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2018

Not sure there is much if anything we can do about that, @JayTay, but thanks for letting us know. I'll talk to development once things calm down a bit and see if perhaps we want to consider trying to exclude things that look like dates from nesting.

Ben

ref: apple-95

• JayTay
    JayTay
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben however it seems I have a crashing issue thanks to this tag - trying to delete the tag causes the app to crash! I've submitted a crash report already but thought I'd mention it here too.

• Thanks, @JayTay. Could you let me know why you believe the crash is related to the tag? Does the app only crash when you click on said tag?

Ben

• JayTay
    JayTay
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

@Ben As soon as I edit an item and try and delete the tag from it the application crashes, I have tried selecting the whole tag and deleting as well as backspacing it but it crashes every time. I've worked around it for now by renaming the tag to remove the / characters in 1Password 6 instead.

• Okay, thanks @JayTay. That is good to know.

Ben

• JayTay
    JayTay
    Community Member

@Ben Seems I spoke too soon - I just tried to add a tag to an item and that caused the app to crash as well so may well be an issue with all tag editing, at least for me.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2018

I was able to reproduce that problem here. I'll file an issue. Thanks for letting us know.

Ben

ref: apple-89

• Dianeoforegon
    Dianeoforegon
    Community Member

Added a new item for credit card. Clicked in the Tag field and crashed. After restart, tried again and crashed. Third time tried to remove a tag and crashed. Submitted crash logs. Should we report here when we send a crash log or just send crash logs?

Incident Identifier: C2E6E127-C9B0-4CA6-A924-B7D07541BDA6
    CrashReporter Key: B4CBD096-6AC7-5EF2-AED4-509F0FB3C57F
    Hardware Model: iMac15,1
    Process: 1Password 7 [85370]
    Path:
    Identifier: com.agilebits.onepassword7
    Version: 7.0.BETA-1 (70000001)
    Code Type: X86-64
    Parent Process: launchd [1]

Date/Time: 2018-03-28T19:16:40Z
    Launch Time: 2018-03-28T19:11:41Z
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13.4 (17E197a)
    Report Version: 104

Exception Type: SIGABRT
    Exception Codes: #0 at 0x7fff7a184

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-1 (70000001) AgileBit
    Extension Version: 4.7.1.2
    OS Version: 10.13.4 build 7
    Sync Type: 1Password subscription

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2018

Thanks @Dianeoforegon. We also had this reported here, and have a bug filed for it. Thanks for taking the time to report it!

Ben

ref: apple-89

• Dianeoforegon
    Dianeoforegon
    Community Member

:)

• :+1: :)

Ben

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Nice that they also work in the Windows 7 Beta!

When do they come to iOS?

• They don't quite yet. They'll still show up as regular tags there. I'm sure as we move forward that'll be taken into consideration, though. :) We've come a long way in terms of cross platform consistency and plan to continue to head in that direction.

Ben

• Dianeoforegon
    Dianeoforegon
    Community Member

Update on tags crashing:

I decided to test today in a new User. No problem with tags creating or editing in the new User. Now to find what file is corrupt in my User that is causing the crash. I made a note of all the files installed by 1Password in the new User but would like to wait on some guidance on what files to delete or simply delete all and start clean.

I also reported with crash logs [#IAD-78487-795]

• Thanks so much @Dianeoforegon . We've been able to track this one down and we're working on a fix. Hopefully in an upcoming beta it should be all set.

• twin_notch
    twin_notch
    Community Member

I've just started using the beta and on attempting to add a tag to an item Beta-5 crashed immediately. I'm presuming from reading above that this is known issue.

• verdi1987
    verdi1987
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

I am finding I am unable to delete the tags from the sidebar (1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-5). Selecting a tag and hitting DELETE or BACKSPACE does nothing, and Edit > Delete is disabled. Is this expected behavior? Some older forum posts for previous versions indicated that tags could be removed from the sidebar.

Update: I was able to remove the tags in 1Password for iOS, and the deletions synced back to Mac.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I've just started using the beta and on attempting to add a tag to an item Beta-5 crashed immediately. I'm presuming from reading above that this is known issue.

@twin_notch: Yep, that's a known issue. Sorry about that! We'll get it fixed up.

ref: apple-72

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

I am finding I am unable to delete the tags from the sidebar (1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-5). Selecting a tag and hitting DELETE or BACKSPACE does nothing, and Edit > Delete is disabled. Is this expected behavior? Some older forum posts for previous versions indicated that tags could be removed from the sidebar.
    Update: I was able to remove the tags in 1Password for iOS, and the deletions synced back to Mac.

@verdi1987: Glad that workaround helped for now, but this does sound like a separate issue that's been filed. Thanks for bringing this up!

ref: apple-356

• Dianeoforegon
    Dianeoforegon
    Community Member

I found a conflict with one of my login items that was causing crash when editing tags.

DefaultFolderX
    http://www.stclairsoft.com/DefaultFolderX/index.html

I also reported in email reply [#IAD-78487-795]

• Dianeoforegon
    Dianeoforegon
    Community Member

I found a conflict with one of my login items that was causing crash when editing tags.

DefaultFolderX
    http://www.stclairsoft.com/DefaultFolderX/index.html

I also reported in email reply [#IAD-78487-795]

• Thank you much @Dianeoforegon .

• I merged a couple of threads here as we were having the same conversation in two places. :)

Ben

• Spythe
    Spythe
    Community Member

From 7.b1 to 7.b8 as of latest, there has been a persistent bug that crashes 1Password 7 directly as you enter the 'tag' field of an existing item. Lots of bugs have been solved between all those updates, except (at least) this one.

Now I am simply wondering: Is this a difficult bug to solve or has it been solved already and for a different reason I'm still experiencing this bug?

1Password Version: 7.b8
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 10.13.4
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• wsgatesnz
    wsgatesnz
    Community Member

I am having a constant crash in v7.0 beta 8 if I try and add tags to a login. Our others finding this?

• This discussion was created from comments split from: Crash when checking Software Updates [All issues with the updater go here].
  • Hi folks. I’ve merged a few threads on the same topic here. We’re aware of the crash with tags. Thanks for the reports. :)

Ben

• Dianeoforegon
    Dianeoforegon
    Community Member

Just installed Version 7.0.BETA-9 (70000009). Glad to see you can now edit tags without crashing. Also 1pw now remembers window size and position. Great work on all the new fixes.

If it's not on your list, would like to be able to select a tag and delete the tag without having to go into each item to delete. I had created several test tags and found there was no easy way to select the tag in the sidebad and delete.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-9 (70000009) AgileBit
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 10.13.5 build 2
    Sync Type: 1Password subscription

• RPBarnes
    RPBarnes
    Community Member

Ahhh, I was wondering why that main window kept moving about! lol. Yeh it opens in the same place now (beta 9)

This discussion has been closed.