Confusion when making a password w Safari & 1Password?

Options

In Safari, when creating a new account anywhere on web, I’m always asked for a new username, then a new password. Safari suggests a password. If I click use the Safari suggested password, 1Password does not always prompt me to save the new login in 1P. So I have learned to take a screen shot of new password suggestion, so I don’t have to go searching in safari keychain.

Why does 1Password sometimes ignore or fail to prompt me to save the new logins?

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Assigning passwords in safari and 1Password

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @blackxacto,

I don't believe it's a factor but if you're really running version 6.2.1 of 1Password for Mac you're running an older version, we're up to 6.8.8 at the moment so it's worth updating for all the fixes we've made.

The next time you observe this can you let us know what site you experienced the issue on. Myself or one of my colleagues will attempt to reproduce the behaviour and see if we can learn why it is happening. 1Password should prompt as long as the site isn't one you've asked 1Password to ignore and 1Password doesn't find an existing Login item for this site with the same password. It seems unlikely that either are factors here so I would like to investigate a known site that displayed this undesirable behaviour.

This discussion has been closed.