Family Account?

Options
blaxxz
blaxxz
Community Member

Hello,

does everyone in the Family has his own 1Password Account or are they using mine with a different Master Password?
When i subscribe to 1Password Families i can invite my Family to a Vault. Are they need also an active subscription then?

Greetings

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blaxxz: Good questions!

does everyone in the Family has his own 1Password Account or are they using mine with a different Master Password?

Each family member has their own account, so that they have a Master Password of their own choosing, a Personal/Private vault that only they can access, and then also access to any vaults you share with them.

When i subscribe to 1Password Families i can invite my Family to a Vault. Are they need also an active subscription then?

Yes, but they'll have one because they'll be part of yours if you invite them. To be clear, you're not inviting them to a vault, you're inviting them to the family plan, which allows you to grant them access to vaults you have setup there:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, but they'll have one because they'll be part of yours if you invite them. To be clear, you're not inviting them to a vault, you're inviting them to the family plan, which allows you to grant them access to vaults

But i'am the only one who is paying for 1Password, right?
    That is what i wanted to know.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blaxxz

But i'am the only one who is paying for 1Password, right?

Right. A 1Password Families membership costs $4.99/mo (if paid annually, or $6.99/mo if paid monthly), and includes accounts for up to five family members.

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for all your Help :) :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blaxxz - you're quite welcome, glad to be of assistance and let us know if there's anything else we can help with. :)

This discussion has been closed.