Autofilling CC info in web shops with Klarna checkout form can update cart contents

Options

When I use 1password mini in Chrome to fill out CC details in a Klarna checkout form it can update cart contents which feels scary. I guess the credit card number goes to the wrong field (e.g. number of items of a thing in the cart). Happens e.g. in AdLibris carts (large web shop in Sweden).

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: OSX 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Autofilling CC info in web shops with Klarna checkout form can update cart contents

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @peterkzswe,

I confess I did think my first reply was going to be for a plea for help but somehow I've managed to stumble through far enough to reach the page in question or at least believe I have. Is https://www.adlibris.com/se/kassa/private a good example of where you're seeing this and just in case the URL isn't enough to go on I'm attaching a screenshot of the page in question.

Now I struggled to reach the point where the page wanted payment details but I found that filling here did alter the quantity of that single item. What I would very much like to learn is when you reach the point where you're asked for payment details, do all of the expected fields fill with the right details and is it the case that this alteration of the quantity is an additional (and undesirable) change or are there fields that should fill and aren't. The reason for this question is to make sure that my inability to reach the payment fields doesn't cause me to miss something I might have otherwise picked up on.

Now while I can safely post that screenshot I do want to stress that these are public support forums so you definitely wouldn't want to do the same if it revealed anything personal or sensitive in nature. I'm possibly being overly cautious but that's always better than somebody being stressed through an accidental reveal.

This discussion has been closed.