Deleted Primary Syncing Vault By Mistake

Options
Joe_T
Joe_T
Community Member
edited April 2018 in iOS

I began a single 1Password membership today from many years of using 1Password for ios. I installed on my PC, iPhone 6s, and iPad Air. Everything worked fine (189 entries), except that I noticed I had duplicates on the iPad. I deleted the Primary Vault on the iPad stupidly, not realizing I should have used the checkboxes to deal with the duplicates. Anyway, I have no options for syncing on the iPad like I presently have on my iPad. The two ios devices are not syncing any longer. How can I fix what I did?
Thanks in advance for your help.

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Deleted Primary Syncing Vault by Mistake

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Joe_T: With a 1Password.com membership, there is no syncing, or local vaults (like Primary) involved. Do you have all of your data in your 1Password.com account? You can check this by signing into the website:

https://start.1password.com/vaults/all

If so, you can reset the app on your other devices and then setup the app with only your account. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Joe_T
    Joe_T
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty, thank you for your help. Since going to https://start.1password.com/vaults/all and longing in to check that all my data is there, my iPhone and iPad now match with any password data changes. So now that that issue is straightened out. But, in my ‘SETTINGS’ window on the iPhone, I have General, Vaults, Security, SYNC, 1Browser, and Apple Watch. In the sync part on the iPhone, tapping goes to Primary > Dropbox > with Sync Service > Dropbox > and then options for Dropbox, Sync with iCloud and an option at the bottom to ‘Disable Sync’. My iPad does NOT have in the original SETTINGS window anything about SYNC. I must have deleted it yesterday when I deleted the original vault. How do I get that SYNC option back into the iPad SETTINGS? Thanks for your patients, Brenty!

• Ben
    Options

@Joe_T,

If your data is all in 1Password.com then you don’t need the Primary vault, and it should be deleted. To remove your old Primary vault, tap Settings > Vaults > Primary. Then tap Delete Vault.

Ben

• Joe_T
    Joe_T
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben and Brenty, one last follow-up I hope. I am on ‘Trial’ membership, if I don’t continue (but expect to), how do I get my 1Password logins back to the way I have synced for years between iPhone and iPad using Dropbox?

This discussion has been closed.