Logins not showing in mobile - only identities and credit cards

Options
cmoczarski
cmoczarski
Community Member
edited April 2018 in iOS

There are certain sites that work fine on the computer browser, but when trying to access from my mobile (iOS 11.2.6) - I receive the following 3 options: All, Cards, Identities. There doesn't seem to be any way to find login information.

This doesn't seem to be the case for all sites, only some. A specific example would be spectrum.net

When I go to that site on my laptop browser (Microsoft Edge) - 1Password fills in fine. When I try to access the same site on my phone, I only get the above 3 options with no ability to search for login credentials. I'm using 1Password mobile version 7.0.6

Any thoughts? Thanks

-Curt

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.2.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cmoczarski: You'll always see Identities and Credit Cards because they are not site-specific. Logins will only be offered when they match the URL of the website you're at. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• ToInfinityandBeyond
    ToInfinityandBeyond
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @cmoczarski ,

In addition, as a thumbs up, sometimes when surfing for a website or webpage, the browser renders a related webpage but maybe not the specific URL that's registered with-in the login description —in the desktop version or the iOS version. For example, a service like yah###.com has different landing pages. This may not be your case, but as an interesting point, you can go to the desktop app to enable the following option "Allow filling on pages that closely match saved websites." The following steps detail how to enable the option:

1. Open desktop app.
    2. Click on 1Password tab at the top left bar on the screen.
    3. Click Preferences.
    4. Click Browsers.
    5. Enable the third box down the list.

Sincerely,

ToInfinity&Beyond

P.S. I was not able to find this option in the iOS app, perhaps @brenty could comment further on the matter.

• cmoczarski
    cmoczarski
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks both for the feedback. Perhaps I'm not remembering correctly, but I know this works in the client version and I was pretty sure it worked in the mobile version until recently. In the example I gave, the site I have a login for changed their name (Time Warner was bought out by Spectrum) - so the URL changed. My login id/password however did not. So if I go to the site, no options come up by default (because the URL is different) - but with the desktop app, I can search for the old name and use those credentials.

It sounds like this option does not exist for the mobile app - curious that I can search identities and cards, but not logins. Perhaps an improvement for a future release ...

Thanks again for the quick response!

-Curt

• Ben
    Options

Even on the desktop you can’t (or at least should not be able to) fill an item that doesn’t have a matching URL. I went through the same TWC -> Spectrum transition, and I just added a ‘website’ field to my login item for TWC with Spectrum’s URL.

It sounds like this option does not exist for the mobile app - curious that I can search identities and cards, but not logins. Perhaps an improvement for a future release ...

It is an intentional limitation to help prevent phishing.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cmoczarski: I think what you mean is that on the desktop, you can select a login for a different website than the one you're on. That works because 1Password can open that URL for you there; it will not fill a login for site A on site B, but it can take you to site B if you select that login while on site A. It just isn't possible for iOS extensions to open webpages though, so you will need to go to the website first. Sorry for the confusion that can cause, but we're here for you any time you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.