Strange issue creating United States Post Office (USPS) account

Options

I just created an account on the USPS site and it asked for the usual stuff - User name, Password, personal details like address, email, etc. It also asked me to set two security questions. (Things like what was the name of your first pet, etc). Well, when I clicked "Create Account" I got the usual 1Password popup asking me if I wanted to Save this login info. I said yes, and an entry for USPS was created. However, the info in the 1PW entry was not correct. Where it is supposed to have user name, it listed my email address. Where it was supposed to list my password, it had the answer to the second security question. Of course I was able to manually correct these but thought you should know that the auto-creation of 1Password entry doesn't work correctly with the USPS site.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: Drop Box

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019
    Options

@BasilFawlty: Yeah, there are a number of weird things going on with that site. Are you by any chance using Safari? Some are specific to it. Using another browser can be helpful, but still some limitations. Can you give me the specific URL where you had trouble though? SO far we haven't been able to find a good solution, but I'm happy to investigate your particular case.

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#34

• BasilFawlty
    BasilFawlty
    Community Member
    Options

I've already created an account so can create another, but I think it was this one: https://reg.usps.com/entreg/RegistrationAction_input

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019
    Options

Greetings @BasilFawlty,

That registration page does seem to elude 1Password's generalised attempts at identifying the correct username and password fields. I can partly see why there is such confusion, three sets of password fields, each with two fields that both contain the same value. It might require supplying specific guidance to 1Password for this page but after doing so it should result 1Password in identifying the correct fields. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#154

• BasilFawlty
    BasilFawlty
    Community Member
    Options

You're welcome. It's not a big deal but I just thought you'd want to know.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Reports like this help to ensure each version of 1Password is a little better than the previous one :smile: We appreciate any that we're informed about as there are just too many to test. I can't say when 1Password will do better but we've made the first step, we have a record of the less than perfect saving and that will ensure we don't forget we need to improve.

This discussion has been closed.