my old windows 10 computer crashed and I'm having a hard time reinstalling on a new computer.

I've purchased 1Password for both my mac and pc. My windows 10 pc just crashed (motherboard) and I'm trying to reinstall on a new computer. I have my produce code but am getting stymied at the secret key and masterpassword level. Can you help?

Thanks!

P.S. I love the product!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:my old windows 10 computer crashed and I'm having a hard time reinstalling on a new computer.

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @gardnerm,

Thank you for getting in touch! I am glad to hear that you like 1Password. :chuffed:

I am sorry for the confusion, it sounds like you downloaded 1Password 6 for Windows on your Windows PC. The thing is that 1Password 6 is the new app we are building from the ground up and it does not support local vaults and standalone licenses at the moment, it is focused on our 1Password accounts. If you want to use a local vault you have been using, you should download 1Password 4 for Windows, not 1Password 6.

Please note that we are working on a new version of 1Password for Windows, 1Password 7, which will receive support for local vaults and standalone licenses + 1Password accounts. It will be a paid upgrade and it is already available in beta:

Introducing 1Password 7 Beta for Windows

You can learn more about our 1Password accounts in this article on our website. Let me know if you have any questions, I will be happy to help. :+1:

Have a great Sunday!

Cheers,
    Greg

• gardnerm
    gardnerm
    Community Member

Hi Greg,

First off, thank you for an amazingly quick response to my problem. I was able to get 1Password installed no problem with your link. And I look forward to the next iteration. Again, very impressive program and customer service.

Thanks again!

Michael

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gardnerm,

You are very welcome! :chuffed: We are always ready to help you, so feel free to contact us anytime.

Have a wonderful week!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.