Symbols on in 1Password X persistently

I'm loving the new add on for Chrome. I would like to know if its possible to turn on the symbol option for password generation, as it remains off each time I set it to on.

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: 1.6.2
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• Hey @salvoza,

Welcome to the forum! It's great to hear you're loving 1Password X on Chrome. :) I agree with you that it's annoying to change the settings in the password generator each and every time. Several others have voiced similar feedback, and we're looking into having 1Password X remember your settings. I hope we'll have good news for you soon in an future update. Thanks very much for your feedback.

-Mitch

• salvoza
    salvoza
    Community Member

Thanks Mitch. Appreciate the feedback, I need it to get my wife and daughter on my family plan as most of the passwords that they require need one symbol in them and they are not very computer literate (but insist on using the same password for everything)...

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Mitch, you're very welcome. I'll see what we can do to get password recipe saving added sooner than later so you can comfortably help get the rest of your family using 1Password! Unfortunately, there are websites out there that don't allow symbols too. I think you'll end up needing to introduce the idea of customizing a generated password recipe at some point.

Stay tuned for updates and thanks for using 1Password!

&drew

• salvoza
    salvoza
    Community Member

That's completely true Drew, but those a few and far between. Yet your suggestion is a good one and I'll try and not add complexity to their password journey :)

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Good luck! I find starting slowly with some of the most important and most used websites is always helpful. Before you know it, you'll have a couple more family members that can't live online without 1Password by their side.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

&drew

This discussion has been closed.