Search in 1P extension does not give same results as app

Options

I have two 1P entries for a bank that I use. Both entries have the name of the bank in the title. Sometimes after logging into my account I am presented with a challenge question which is stored in one of the 1P entries. When I search for the bank name using the the extension, the results do not include the particular entry I am looking for (i.e. it only shows one of the entries). If I search in the 1P application, all the relevant entries are in the results. Both entries have a "website" field although the field data are different (so maybe that is part of the problem). When I search using the extension starting from any other web page (i.e. not a URL associated with the bank), all entries with the bank name are returned. Why do I get different results between the extension and the app and why are the results URL dependent?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@iphoneuser: The search scope is different when you open 1Password in the browser: it will only show you matches for the current website by default, as those are the only ones that can be used there. But you may also want to check what you're searching when you're doing that manually: "major fields" or "all fields". You can check this under the "gear" icon in the 1Password browser extension, or by clicking the "magnifying glass" to the left of the search field in the app. Let me know what you find!

• iphoneuser
    iphoneuser
    Community Member
    Options

It is set to "all fields". I am not sure I agree with the assertion that the matches shown "are the only ones that can be used there". In this case, I occasionally get prompted for the security questions after the initial login page. Those are stored in a separate 1P entry. What I was trying to do was search for that entry, hover over the result to bring up the mini-view of the entry, and then click the "anchor" button so I could copy and paste the answers to the security questions. I believe I ended up with two 1P entries to handle these two different authentication pages. What I did was add a second website to the entry with the security question (using the URL from the initial login page) and now the 1P entry I want (with the security question) shows up in the browser extension.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iphoneuser,

Can you check something for me please. Edit the Login item that isn't appearing in the 1Password mini results and look for a setting at the bottom titled display. The default value is Always but if for any reason its set to Never display in browser then it won't appear in 1Password mini. Could this explain what you're seeing?

• iphoneuser
    iphoneuser
    Community Member
    Options

It is set to Always (both items).
    Adding the second URL has solved the issue of the item not showing in 1P Mini.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear, I'm glad there was a satisfactory result in the end :smile:

This discussion has been closed.