No option to remove local vaults? [Right-click on it in the vault menu]

xanatori
xanatori
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello!

Yesterday I made the switch from my local (and via dropbox synced) .opvault to a 1password.com account.

No I had to remove the folder in the 1Password installation folder from C:\Users\\AppData\Local\1password\data so the app won't use my dropbox vault and only shows the one from my account.

Am I missing something or is there option (yet) to delete (local) vaults from the beta?

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@xanatori: No "sign out" is possible since there's no account involved, but if you right click on it in the vault list you can remove it from there. Just note that will not delete your data, just remove the vault from the app. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• xanatori
    xanatori
    Community Member

For me the vault list doesn't seem to be right-clickable.

• MikeT
    edited March 2018

Hi @xanatori,

Here's a screenshot of me right-clicking on a standalone vault to remove it:

I'm not sure I understand what you did. You said you already reset the 1Password's data folder, so all you should see is your 1Password account. If that is correct, you should not have any standalone vaults left in your 1Password database.

However, in the Windows version of 1Password, you cannot manage or delete vaults from your 1Password account, that is only available via 1Password.com website (here's the support article on this). We plan to add this in a future update as the 1Password.com team is working on adding the APIs we need to power this feature.

• xanatori
    xanatori
    Community Member

Ah okay. Yes, I already deleted the local one, because I wasn’t able to find the option to right click... well.
    And then I tried on my 1Password.com account and nothing happend. Maybe make it atleast go to a link on the webpage for that then. Thanks for clarification.

• MikeT
    edited March 2018

Hi @xanatori,

We do not wish to do that, having options that just takes you to a locked site without explaining what's going on, it causes more confusion and concern.

We do plan to add a dedicated vault management view with more details about this in a future update that'll explain certain actions are only available on the 1Password site.

• LogicSabre
    LogicSabre
    Community Member

I have a local vault that can't be deleted, too. It doesn't offer a remove vault option in the context menu.

Instead, the "Manage..." option attempts to open a URL in my browser.

https://vaults/details/[snip of 26 alpha character sequence]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@LogicSabre: Indeed, then that will be something you imported into the app long ago and never removed, before local vault support was added, so it's treated as if it's an account. Since you've got your 1Password data in your accounts, you just need to reset the app and set it up with only those and you'll be all set. Cheers! :)

• LogicSabre
    LogicSabre
    Community Member

That worked great. Thanks!

• @LogicSabre: On behalf of brenty, you're most welcome. Glad you're squared away and let us know if we can do anything else to help. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.