1Password 7 B8 resetting password

On site; https://reuserecycle.abbti.brightstarcorp.com/Login.aspx when I tell 1Password to enter my user name and password I guess it's choosing forgot password button because the site sends me an email containing new password.

Tried removing the site from login and creating a new login manually with same results.

MacBook Pro
Beta-8

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Cowboy1629,

I've moved your query to our filling section in the forums as the 1Password 7 beta hasn't altered how fields are filled. I'm pretty confident that once I test I'll see the same behaviour in 1Password 6 as well. Now I would have tested before replying but I've hit a stumbling block - the site refuses to load for me as in it literally states access is denied. Odds are it's a location thing so I wonder if would feel comfortable telling me very roughly where you reside. By roughly I'm thinking country should be sufficient. I'll then try using a VPN and see if that fools the site into letting me see the login page and I'll look to see what is happening.

• Cowboy1629
    Cowboy1629
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables United States

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Cowboy1629,

Cheers for that. The VPN trick worked and I can see the page. After a bit of prodding it seems they've wired the page up in an unusual way. The way 1Password's submit feature works is to ask the operating system to behave as if the user has pressed the enter key and we do this after leaving focus on the password field. We do this because the vast majority of sign-in forms respond by submitting the form, just as if the user had clicked whatever sig-in button is present. If I ignore 1Password and type a username and password and then press enter I see one error message while I see a different one if I click the sign-in button. It seems as if they've connected the form to the forgotten password submit which is unusual to say the least.

It looks like your best bet is to disable submit after filling for this particular Login item to allow for the site's weird behaviour. If you edit the Login item you should see an option titled submit the default setting is Submit when enabled but if you change it to Never submit it will allow you to click the button and complete the login procedure.

• Cowboy1629
    Cowboy1629
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables Thank You, that worked!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

:smile: Happy to help @Cowboy1629. Let us know if you come across any other troublesome sites.

This discussion has been closed.