I purchased a family license. How do I install 1Pass on my wife's iPhone?

jbrow3r
jbrow3r
Community Member

I have installed on my iPhone 1Pass 5.0.2, and on my Macbook I have installed 1Pass 6.8.8. My wife has an old version of 1Pass on her iPhone; we can't tell what version it is, but when we click on it an error message comes up saying developer needs to update it since it can't work with iOS 11. On her Macbook she has iPass 6.8.5 We can't figure out how to download current version onto her iPhone.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I purchased a family license. How do I install 1Pass on my wife's iPhone?

Comments

• Hi @jbrow3r

It sounds like your wife has a very old version of 1Password (v3) installed on her iPhone. I take it she has not launched it in a while? We pushed out a number of in-app warnings directing folks to upgrade 1Password before upgrading iOS. In any event, since she has 1Password for Mac, the first thing to do would be to update that to the latest version (6.8.8 as of writing):

How to keep 1Password up to date

Once that is done uninstall 1Password 3 for iOS (this will erase the data within it), and install 1Password 7 for iOS from the iTunes App Store:

1Password 7 for iOS - iTunes App Store

She can then sync her data from the Mac to the iPhone:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps! Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

P.S. 1Password 5 for iOS would also be quite old at this point as well. If that version information is correct please look into updating your iPhone as well.

This discussion has been closed.