Weird site for study

Apple encourages signing up for organ donation on their iPhones through the following service:

DonateLife.net

It's got very different log in credentials, a collective user identification through first name, last name, birthdate, zipcode, and last 4 digits of SSN or driver's license. Any way to get auto-fill working on this?

1Password Version: 1Password7 Windows beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Superfandominatrix,

So filling with an Identity item doesn't fill as many fields as I would have expected but it does fill a number of them relating to name and address. I was disappointed it didn't fill the zip code field and I don't believe we've considered filling an input field of type date, something we should consider adding after having seen this. In an ideal scenario this would leave the last four digits of the SSN while currently it leaves a couple more. Is this in line with what you observed or are you finding an Identity item isn't filling any fields here?

• Superfandominatrix
    Superfandominatrix
    Community Member

It hadn't even occurred to me to use the identity item to try to fill out the form. Great idea. I actually don't really use my own identity entry item to fill in initial website registration details. For me, that feature has more been for keeping track of PII for other people (Mom, Dad, SO, etc).

For this item, some months ago I manually created a record in 1PW, keeping track of all the field details in a custom section / custom fields. For testing today, I removed the website from my dummy record (I had put the website info in the correct location as you would for auto-filling) to see if entering data from my identity record and click through would trigger auto-save of the website.

Autofill
    1. First name: Pass
    2. Last name: Pass
    3. DoB: Pass
    4. Zipcode: Pass (did you use your own UK based post code? It's not 5 digits and has letters in it if I'm not mistaken. The site may not have accepted UK standard zip and just blanked the field).
    5. Last 4 digit SSN: Fail, and failed weird. Some random 4 digit number appeared (1503) and I have no idea what it refers to. I don't see anything in my identity record that has that number even as a fragment. Since this number isn't related to me, I've provided it for debugging on your end. Maybe it's some internal number?
    6. 1st time log in capture: Fail, although I can fill in most fields from an identity record, a log in record is not captured as I would hope.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Superfandominatrix,

Weird, I got quite different behaviour. Can you let me know what version of 1Password you were testing with along with the browser. I'm curious to see if I can reproduce your findings as the filled fields should be identical. Don't get me wrong, I prefer your results as more fields filled :lol: I will want to look into why the SSN field filled for you as it's the sort of thing 1Password should leave alone given SSN isn't a field that 1Password is designed to fill.

• Superfandominatrix
    Superfandominatrix
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

@littlebobbytables I retested, and I got the same results as yesterday.

1Password Windows beta v7.0.532
    1Password Extension v4.7.0.90
    Browser: Firefox 59.0.2
    Syncing: Dropbox v47.4.74

Edit: I think I have it figured out~ I have my phone number in the Default Phone and Cell fields. I have the number formatted as +1 (503) xxx-xxxx, so simply searching for 1503 didn't highlight the number. Should have recognized this sooner. So the auto-fill is removing the +() characters and trimming the spaces to fill the value into the field.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Superfandominatrix,

Thank you for those additional details, I'll test using a setup that better matches what you're using and see if it makes a difference.

Oh and nice catch on the number. We'll definitely want to stop that.

This discussion has been closed.