Sonarr.tv, auto-save dialog on any submit request?

This discussion was created from comments split from: 🎉 1Password 7 for Windows Beta 1 is here!.

Comments

• Stanzilla
    Stanzilla
    Community Member

the browser extension has gotten a bit more annoying, seems like it now asks for 1password update/login on every POST/SUBMIT request? I get the pop up randomly on some webinterface for programs I run that don't have a password field at all. Kinda hard to repro but one is https://sonarr.tv/ 's indexer update modal

• Hi @Stanzilla,

Thanks for reporting this. I've moved your thread to the Saving and Filling in Browsers as it is the browser extension itself that is handling the filling/saving, not the main program and we haven't changed anything in 1Password 7 related to the 1Password browser extensions.

Can you tell us what version of 1Password extension you're using and which web browser this happened in?

• Stanzilla
    Stanzilla
    Community Member

Sure, sorry should have mentioned that: 1Password beta (desktop app required)
    4.7.1.3 / Google Chrome 66.0.3359.106 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) (cohort: Beta)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

Greetings @Stanzilla,

I apologise but are there any more details you can supply, anything that might help me reproduce the issue. I tried clicking around on the site you linked to but I got no response from the extension. I'm assuming that I'm not doing something that triggers the issue. I'll be grateful for anything you can think of that might help.

• Stanzilla
    Stanzilla
    Community Member

That is the problem, since Sonarr is a pretty complex software and you would have to set everything up to repro this, I will look out for other, simple, websites that have the same problem and report back.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Stanzilla,

That would be great, thank you. If we can reproduce an issue there's every chance we can correct it but reproducing will be vital for us to stand a chance. Obviously I hope you're not being plagued by this although if you are I suppose it should mean we can find a site that we can use to pin this down.

Out of curiosity, is there an entire section of that site hidden unless accessed through their software? I didn't find a web portal or anything relating to logging in.

• Stanzilla
    Stanzilla
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

Another example: Wanted to update my Joomla installation today

That "install" button is most likely a POST and that triggered it?

And no, you would set up your own Sonarr installation which is why I said it's too much work.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

:lol: It really looks like one way or another I'll be installing something to trigger similar behaviour. Hopefully a simple Joomla installation doesn't involve too many hoops and I can reach a similar page.

This discussion has been closed.