invalidptr
invalidptr
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I created a new login today and as I often do I put a lot of information into the Section/Label/Field area. One of the last things I did was create a one-time password. Upon saving the Login I didn't see it and thought maybe it was because I didn't create a label. Added the label - still didn't see it. What I missed is it "jumped" to the top of the Login to the new white box area. I'll get used to it but feels clunky to rearrange the items like that. Are you thinking of moving it out of Section and making this a [ + ] operation just below username/password?

1Password 7
Version 7.0.BETA-3 (70000003)
AgileBits Beta

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @invalidptr,

The editor and detail view are undergoing a substantial re-work and the edit half of that isn't yet complete. I don't believe we expect that to jump the way it currently does when the editor changes have been completed.

Rudy

• balupton
    balupton
    Community Member

Yes please. I was about to create an issue for this. I currently have 1674 things inside 1Password (yeah, I use the web a lot). And anything that supports it, I have 2FA auth enabled via OTP. The creation experience for OTP is too hard for people not as tech orientated as me. My 1Password team is my extended family, which I often play tech support for. The creation experience is also just tedious and time consuming even for pro users.

It would be nice if OTP field was just directly under the password field - it is where it is displayed after all once the field is entered. OTP is a common and encouraged security feature so would be nice if it was as prominent as the password field.

So my vote is to have it below the password field always, however, a plus button as invalidptr suggested would also suffice I guess.

• Thanks for the feedback on this. Still a fair amount of work to do here. :)

BEn

This discussion has been closed.