To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Dumb Question Doc Quota and Size

So, I searched a bit and just want to verify. As I am not a heavy document saver in 1Password or for attachments (which is relatively speaking new to me... and only with the 7 beta)

Is the 1Password max file size still 2MB and 5MB for local? For both Docs and Attachments?
Attachments are just docs by another name and go towards the 1GB limit?

Think I see interesting new uses for attachments to an item more than use for stand-alone docs now (but use cases and users vary)

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AlwaysSortaCurious: Attachments are a local vault feature, and they do have a 5MB limit due to the format. If you're only using a 1Password.com account, you won't have any.

Documents don't have any hard limits on file size. You can upload pretty much anything as a Document, but there are a few things that can come into play:

• Your account's storage quota
    • Your internet upload speed
    • Your local storage

If any of these aren't up to the task, you'll get an error and won't be able to add the file. After all, 1Password will need to encrypt a new copy of it in your vault, upload it within a reasonable amount of time, and have room in the account for it.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.