To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I can't log in to my Account Page

Options
timfooter
timfooter
Community Member

I have tried to log into my account page at https://my.1password.com/signin/, and I have the correct password, Username and Secret Key but I get the following error message:

"Cannot sign in.
Data provided to an operation does not meet requirements"

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.06
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• meganbee
    meganbee
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @timfooter, and welcome to the forum. :)

I'm sorry that you're having some trouble signing in to your 1Password account. Can I ask which browser you were using when you received this error? Have you tried any other browsers?

I hope you're enjoying your Saturday!

• ken007
    ken007
    Community Member
    Options

@meganbee, I'm experiencing the same issue. I cannot access my account. I tried using Chrome, Safari and Firefox.

• meganbee
    meganbee
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hi @ken007, I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing this error, as well!

We're doing some investigating from our end and would really appreciate your help. Are you still receiving the error when trying to sign in at my.1password.com using Chrome and/or Firefox? If so, can I ask you to please attempt to sign in, then send us the JavaScript logs from your browser (whichever you choose to use is fine)?

To gather those logs:

• In Chrome, click View > Developer > JavaScript Console
    • In Firefox, click Tools > Web Developer > Web Console

Copy the log output to a file, then attach it to an email addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. With your email, please include:

• a link to this discussion:
      https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/82796/i-cant-log-in-to-my-account-page

• your forum username:
      ken007

We'll look it over and let you know what we find. Thanks very much for your help with this!

ref: b5-3220

• garys070
    garys070
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem after updating to Safari 11 on MacOS 10.12.6. Firefox is OK

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gary - Sorry for the trouble! Please follow the same steps @meganbee outlined in the previous reply, including grabbing the JS logs -- and of course, your own username, not ken's. Someone will reply to you shortly.

• rob
    Options

Hello, everyone.

I spent today looking into this issue, and it appears at this time to be a bug in Safari 11. Unfortunately, that means there is nothing we can do about it. You will need to use a different browser to sign in to your account until the bug is fixed.

If you cannot use a different browser, then you will need to create a new account and migrate your data to it. If you choose this path, please contact us at support+forum@agilebits.com and include a link to this discussion.

So sorry for the trouble, and it pains me that there's nothing I can do to make it better. :(

• ben_jamin_s
    ben_jamin_s
    Community Member
    Options

@rob any chance you could explain how creating a new account and migrating to a new account address a bug in Safari 11?

I think I'm seeing this exact error myself, though I've also started to see it when trying to create a new vault via the macOS app.

• @ben_jamin_s Howdy! We'd be happy to look into that. Could you please send us an email at support+forum@agilebits.com with a link to this thread, as Rob mentioned? We can investigate a bit further there. :)

• turkoiseaa
    turkoiseaa
    Community Member
    Options

Hi guys, same problem here: "Cannot sign in. Data provided to an operation does not meet requirements." Appears when trying to authenticate in Safari only (Version 11.0.2 (13604.4.7.1.6), but had the same problem with the previous version) and appears when trying to create a new vault using the macOS app. No problem when working with Chrome (Version 63.0.3239.132 (Build officiel) (64 bits)), but it's not the idea of course :( . macOS version is 10.13.2. Any idea...?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@turkoiseaa: Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the trouble! As mentioned above, there's a bug in Safari which causes the browser to not work well when certain data is encountered...and in this case, it happens to be part of your account setup. We don't have a solution for this currently. We're working on one, and hopefully Apple will fix this in Safari as well. But at this time the only options are to use a different browser or migrate to a new account. If you'd like to do the latter so that you'll be able to use the web interface in Safari (and use the features in the app which depend on it), shoot us an email at support@1password.com and post the Support ID here so we can help you with that. Otherwise you can use a different browser, and hopefully there will be a better solution down the road.

• turkoiseaa
    turkoiseaa
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty, strange situation... recreating the account is not an option, and what about the same problem in the app itself when creating a new vault...?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

@turkoiseaa: It's exactly the same. We're using Safari under the hood to just send requests to the server — basically using the web app behind the scenes to enable web-app-only features in the native apps. Prior to iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra, this didn't work at all on older accounts (different error though). I was really excited about that (both of my accounts fall into that category), but now this new issue has cropped up in Safari. :(

• turkoiseaa
    turkoiseaa
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty, I honestly think we understood it before the explanation because we are IT people too (at least, I am) :) AgileBits and Apple should work together to solve this. Respectfully, we pay for Enterprise grade monthly subscription, and "hopefully Apple will fix this in Safari as well" does not sound as the best approach for us. It's not a plan nor a roadmap.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@turkoiseaa: I hear you. But the reality is that we cannot fix Safari bugs. The only thing we can do is work on a way around them if we can. Yet plans can fail and roadmaps may need to be adjusted accordingly, so we don't generally talk about details of either in advance. We prefer to ship things when they're ready. After all, it was our understanding that outstanding issues with Safari were addressed in version 11, yet here we are! And, as I'm sure you know, Apple does not generally discuss these things publicly, so I'm sure you can understand that we're even less likely to go into specifics when it involves them as well. We've enjoyed a good relationship with them and we'd like to keep it that way. ;)

• Gerardus
    Gerardus
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty, is it advisable to use 1Password4 in the meantime?

• Gerardus
    Gerardus
    Community Member
    Options

Hi everyone,

is it advisable to use in IOS 1Password4 in the meantime?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Gerardus

As far as I'm aware this issue does not affect the 1Password for iOS app, but even if it did using 1Password v4 for iOS would certainly not help, as that version of 1Password does not support 1Password memberships at all. If you're having trouble with 1Password for iOS please start a new thread. Thanks!

Ben

• rob
    Options

Hi, folks. I wanted to let you know that over the last several months, we've learned a lot more about this issue, and I was able to develop a fix on our side to avoid the error that Safari has been showing. If you were seeing an error in Safari before, please try again and let me know how it goes. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.