1PW7 tag not displaying "_" consistently across all locations where tag info displayed

Superfandominatrix
Superfandominatrix
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Historically, I've used tags like: "_problem" or "cloud_services". Including a preceding underbar forces the item to the top of an alphabetical list. Also easier to read if the tag is two words.

In the leftmost panel, a tag with an underbar is appearing correctly, so "_problem" or "cloud_services". In the rightmost panel where I see a specific entry detail, the tag appears correctly, so "_problem" or "cloud_services".

The problem is in the mid panel where lists of entries are shown. If I right click on an entry, then select "Tags", the underbar is being dropped. So in my example"_problem" becomes "problem" and "cloud_services" becomes "cloudservices". The bigger issue is if there are two tags that are different by only an underbar (usually when I've made a mistake) and then I can't tell which tag is which. So if I have two tags: "cloud_services" and "cloudservices", both appear as "cloudservices". Makes fixing a mistake a bit error prone.

1Password Version: 1Password 7.0.541
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Superfandominatrix: You're right. Sorry about that! In the mean time, the good news is that the one with the underscore will still be correctly displayed at the top:

But I've filed an issue so we can get this fixed. Thanks for bringing this to our attention! :)

ref: OPW-2138

This discussion has been closed.