TOTP for Facebook

Philipp
Philipp
Community Member
edited April 2018 in Mac

Hello

I use TOTP for my Facebook account. I use Facebook not very often, but in the last days I tried it more often to login and for the TOTP I got a error message always. Also when I tried it with the TOTP from my phone.

Maybe do you know is there any problem at the moment? I couldn't remember on problems in the past.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Philipp - I'm not aware of any issues at the moment, no. That doesn't mean there isn't one, just that this would be the first I've heard of it. Are you able to sign into Facebook currently? Or are you locked out due to the TOTP failure? Is it happening on more than one device when trying to use 1Password to sign in?

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

@Lars
    Thanks for your reply. TOTP showed in 1P is not working anymore. Not from my Mac and not from Android. Instead I tried to get the SMS from FB. This is working sometimes only. So I could login, but not with TOTP.

When you say it should work, I will try to stop and reactivate TOTP inside FB.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Philipp - thanks for the clarification. I'm surprised, however, because if you say that SMS isn't working either (or only intermittently) that sounds much more like a Facebook issue than anything else. I'd turn OFF the TOTP (to avoid getting locked out of your account) and try getting in touch with Facebook support if you can. Let us know what happens.

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

@Lars I stopped and started TOTP again. At the moment it is working again. To be safe I have my recovery codes also. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Philipp - excellent! I'm glad to hear restarting TOTP worked for you. Recovery codes are a great option. You may also want to check the system clock on your computer, as if it's off, that can affect the TOTP codes as well. Make sure it's set automatically, which should avoid any problems of this nature.

This discussion has been closed.