Categories screen locks when you add a new secret to vault

Dallasdux
Dallasdux
Community Member

On my iphone, using 1Password version 7.0.6, if I add a new "Login" entry, once I click Save and it appears in Categories, I can no longer scroll nor drill into any of the passwords saved on the Categories screen. All other tabs and screens work fine for navigation. I have to end the program and relaunch 1Password in order to drill into any of those saved vault items on the categories screen.

Anyone else experiencing this? I was hoping it was a reported bug but I could not locate it on the forum.

I've tried rebooting the iPhone etc. with no change in the scenario.

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• amild
    amild
    Community Member

I'm also experiencing this issue. Came here hoping to find some answers.

• Hi @Dallasdux,

I noticed you mentioned you’re running iOS 11.2, which would be fairly outdated at this point. Could you please try updating to iOS 11.3.1 and see if this resolves the issue?

Thanks.

Ben

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2018

@amild,

What version of iOS are you running?

Ben

ref: GWK-14926-673

• Dallasdux
    Dallasdux
    Community Member

Hi @Ben , I think I typed my iOS version in wrong. Pretty sure I was on iOS 11.3.0 I updated to iOS 11.3.1 last night. I still experience the same issue, only slightly different today.

Example>
    1. I click on CATEGORIES at bottom of menu. It says "All Items" at top of screen.
    2. I click the + to add a new entry/password
    3. I enter the information and click SAVE
    4. I am brought back to the "Logins" page (title at top of screen in blue bar). I cannot scroll or drill into anything on this page.
    5. If I click the < Categories option to go to "Categories" (top) I can maneuver.
    6. I can click on "Logins" and it takes me to the Logins page. Everything is functioning normally. then click on All Items and everything is back to normal.

So, the issue I am having is: When I create a new Login entry, after I click Save, I return to the list of Logins but I cannot scroll or drill down into any entries unless I navigate away from the page.

Thanks,
    Adam (Dallasdux)

• amild
    amild
    Community Member

@Ben Until yesterday 11.3.0, now 11.3.1 and experiencing the same issue.

• amild
    amild
    Community Member

This chat forum UX is weird. I tried to post my reply from my iPhone several times and kept getting an error and the system would not allow me to change my written content. So I attempted to reply using a desktop and instead of inserting that newly created response, it added what I previously wrote on my phone. #wtf

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Dallasdux: Yep. You're right. I'm not sure why that's happening, but I was able to reproduce this following your description. Thank you! I've filed and issue for this so we can get it fixed.

ref: apple-929

This discussion has been closed.