Keep 1Password 7 Mini open?

essential
essential
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

My install errored and didn't give me a desktop icon, I had to go find it in AppData, but other than that 1PW7 has been working well. I've using it along with 1PW 4 synced to a Dropbox vault.

I love the new 1PW Mini. However, when I open it and copy a username or password, or select a login, it closes to my taskbar automatically to the bar. If I just have it open and click on anything else like Chrome or Firefox, it also automatically closes to the taskbar. Is this supposed to happen or is it a bug? Is there a way to keep the Mini mode open on my desktop at all time almost like a widget?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi @essential,

Thanks for reporting this. Can you tell me what anti-malware solution you're using? You might want to uninstall 1Password 7 and install it again, to let it complete the install. Before you install 1Password 7 Beta from here, be sure to close all web browsers just in case.

I love the new 1PW Mini. However, when I open it and copy a username or password, or select a login, it closes to my taskbar automatically to the bar.

That is intentional, so you can paste into the third party app or browser. When you bring up 1Password mini again via Control + Alt + \ shortcut, the last used item should remain selected in the item list (may be at the bottom), so you can right-click on it to copy other fields you need.

Is there a way to keep the Mini mode open on my desktop at all time almost like a widget?

Not yet, we have plans to add a float/anchor button, so you can keep it open or better yet, to create a new window that shows the entire item's details view.

• essential
    essential
    Community Member

I'm using Symantec Endpoint Protection. I'm going to do a reinstall tomorrow because of another issue from this thread:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/89328/1-password-7-0-543-not-updating-data-from-dropbox-local-vault

I'll report back tomorrow.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sure thing. Looking forward to hearing back from you. :)

This discussion has been closed.