Radio Buttons at Login

Options

Hi....
The log-in for my bank requires that—in addition to my user name, I choose whether I have a business or personal account using radio buttons. Is this automate-able in 1Password?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @rcornish,

If you save a Login item from inside the browser then 1Password should correctly set the radio button as it was at the time of saving. If you find it isn't working please let us know. If you could supply the URL for the bank's sign-in page as well we'll take a look and see if we can figure out what is going on.

• rcornish
    rcornish
    Community Member
    Options

OK—I've never saved a Login from the browser… something to try. The URL is www.venturebankonline.com. The login is on the upper left.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @rcornish,

You might need to save two Login items, one for that first screen and then another for what I assume is the password page. A Login item saved on that homepage will fill the access ID and set the radio button for you but if you were to then add a password afterwards it would disrupt the correct setting of the radio button. If you haven't saved a Login item from inside the browser before you may find our support page, How to save a Login manually in your browser very useful about now. Manually saving a Login item will be required on that page as 1Password won't prompt without a password field being present but once done you should find it works. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance :smile:

• rcornish
    rcornish
    Community Member
    Options

OK—I could get the button to work, but—when I try to add my password (by editing the entry in the 1Password Mac app), the button entry no longer works.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rcornish: I'm sorry to hear that. I've been testing this trying to find a workaround here, but I cannot get 1Password to save on the first page since it's not a true login form without a password field. I'll see if @littlebobbytables has any other tricks up his sleeve. :blush:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @rcornish,

In that case I upgrade my previous statement of

You might need to save two Login items, one for that first screen and then another for what I assume is the password page.

to you will need to save two Login items, one per page. Login items were originally designed to fill a single page. A single Login item can work to fill two pages if the site uses a simple format of username on first page and password on the second. Anything more complex will almost always require two Login items.

This discussion has been closed.