Desktop app asking for 2FA after it opened

seba
seba
Community Member

Hi,

turned on 2FA for my account, great!

However, when I started the desktop app it as asked for my passcode, as usual. It opened like always and then suddenly asked for a verification code after it unlocked. I could simply move the 2FA dialogue out of the way and continue to use the app, including viewing passwords (see attached). I was expecting the 2FA dialogue to appear before it unlocked, not after. Or am I missing something here? Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1P Account

Comments

• Hi @seba

You’ll always be able to access your cached data without entering the 2FA code. For example — close that box, and you’ll still be able to see everything that hasn’t changed since the last time you authenticated. You will not see anything that has changed since.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• a.jaffe
    a.jaffe
    Community Member

Hi @Ben ,

Aha -- I was about to report the fact that I can still use 1Password 7 without entering the 2FA code as a bug. I suppose it makes sense that it is only about cloud-based information, but it's not completely intuitive.

(Also, let me echo the comment in another thread that the 2FA window should be marked more explicitly as being from 1P7!)

• Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.