Teams Account Locking in Chrome Plugin

Options

For some reason, my Teams account seems to get locked out after using it a couple times through the Chrome plugin. In order to get around it, I've been remove it and re-adding. Any thoughts on how I can prevent that from happening?

Note that I have admin access to the Teams account.

I'm running 1Password X version 1.6.0 in Chrome 65.0.3325.181 (64-bit)

1Password Version: 6.8.534
Extension Version: 1.6
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1P Cloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Rob Raymond

I’m glad you asked. I had been running into this myself. The way 1Password X unlocks is that when prompted for your Master Password it will unlock any accounts that use that you’ve added that use that same Master Password. This is different from the native apps where unlocking with the Master Password of the first added account unlocks all other accounts, even if their Master Passwords are different. As such the recommendation is to use the same Master Password for all of your 1Password accounts. I realize that at first glance this may seem contrary to the “unique passwords” rule, but considering this is all to access 1Password data... there is some flexibility there. You’ll have to make the determination if that is acceptable for your use case, but that is how 1Password X operates.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Rob Raymond
    Rob Raymond
    Community Member
    Options

That's a great explanation, and I can live with the workaround.

Thanks for the prompt reply,

Rob

• Ben
    Options

You’re very welcome Rob. I came to the same conclusion for my situation.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.