I just renamed my "Shared" vault to something else. But now I can't rename or delete it.

Options

There is no "manage..." link to click, unlike the rest of my vaults.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't manage vault

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @gregmatthewcrossley! I'm sorry for the trouble you're experiencing. Unfortunately, I'm not able to replicate the behavior you're seeing. Can you tell me where you changed the Shared vault name? Was it at 1password.com in a browser, or one of the 1Password client apps?

• gregmatthewcrossley
    gregmatthewcrossley
    Community Member
    Options

It was in the browser, on 1password.com. Most of my vaults look like this on the bottom:

But one of them looks like this:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gregmatthewcrossley - that's very odd indeed! I used the web interface as well for my own testing, and things worked just fine. I'm wondering: have you tried logging out and back in again? If not, give that a quick go, and probably even close/reopen your browser, just to clear out any weirdness with the cache. If that still doesn't work and you're able & willing, try it in another browser to see if it appears that way as well. Let me know what you discover!

• gregmatthewcrossley
    gregmatthewcrossley
    Community Member
    Options

Just tried Firefox, here is a screenshot:

• gregmatthewcrossley
    gregmatthewcrossley
    Community Member
    Options

It was originally called "Shared" - is that a special vault or something?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018
    Options

@gregmatthewcrossley -- the Shared vault is one of the default vaults that's present in all 1Password Teams and 1Password Business accounts, yes. But you should be able to rename it, and still be able to manage it, assuming you're an Administrator (or Owner) for the account. Are you? If so, you definitely shouldn't be seeing that.

If you click on the Vaults tab in your right sidebar, are you able to select (and edit/manage) the vault from there?

Also: can I ask what you changed the Shared vault's name TO?

• gregmatthewcrossley
    gregmatthewcrossley
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Here is what I see when I try to manage the vault:
    [image removed by AgileBits; this is a public forum]

I noticed that I'm not on the list of people who can see it, and the "Team Members" group can't manage it (only view and edit) - could that be the issue?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018
    Options

@gregmatthewcrossley - so, this is getting into nitty-gritty which shouldn't be up here in this public forum. I've shot you a quick email to the address you used to register for this forum. If you don't receive it, please check your Spam or Bulk email folder, as sometimes overzealous spam filters can mark unsolicited email from us as junk (the NERVE! 😉). Let's continue the conversation via email.

ref: QCT-94994-486

This discussion has been closed.