To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Mac and iPhone two accounts or membership...i am confused

Options
tHawk
tHawk
Community Member

Okay, i have one pass on my laptop. I want it on my iPhone also so what's the best way?

1Password 6
Version 6.8.8 (688002)
AgileBits Store

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Okay, i have one pass on my laptop. I want it on my iPhone also so what's the best way?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Account and membership are the same thing, referring to the subscription.

If you have the stand-alone licence this is NOT called an account.

So the question is whether you have the stand-alone licence or the subscription.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tHawk - @danco's right. If you've purchased standalone licenses from us in the past (and prior to 2016, that was the ONLY way you could purchase 1Password), then you don't have an account/membership, you have one (or more) standalone license(s).

If you want my opinion, the best way to use 1Password for the vast majority of our users would be via a membership/account, for a variety of reasons. The upcoming 1Password 7 will be a paid upgrade if you want to continue using a standalone license, so now is a good time to switch to an account, if you want to do that.

If you don't, you can download 1Password for iOS for free, then the Pro features are available as an in-app purchase of $9.99, if you want them. Let me know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.