1Password X Breaks Certain Pages Built With Vaadin

Options

I have a site built with Vaadin 8. It uses websockets to push page change updates.

I have a form that re-renders it's content (including a PasswordField) based on a combobox dropdown.

If the combobox is changed, the old PasswordField is removed from the UI and a new instance of a PasswordField is added.

When 1Password is enabled, this error is thrown in the console when the combobox is changed:

SEVERE: (TypeError) : Cannot read property 'removeChild' of null
com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError) : Cannot read property 'removeChild' of null

Once this happens, the entire page stops functioning until you perform a full refresh of the page.

I've tried disabling the 1Password X extension, and the page works correctly without throwing any errors.

If I manually delete (from the dev console) the added 1Password element that is placed above the password field, this also alleviates the issue temporarily until it is added back again by the 1Password extension.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.7.0 Chrome on Linux
OS Version: Ubuntu 16.04
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dalton
    Options

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, @atschwar. It certainly sounds like there's some weird interaction with 1Password X and your website here. Is there any chance you have a public URL you're willing to share so that we can investigate this issue on our end? I'd also be happy to migrate this conversation to email if you're rather not share the URL on a public forum.

• atschwar
    atschwar
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately it's an internal tool that I can't give you access to. I'll have to see if I can make a quick sample application and deploy it somewhere public.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@atschwar: We'll be happy to take a look if you're able to share something. Just to clarify though, is this a native application or a web app?

This discussion has been closed.