To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Another Secret Key problem!

Options
rlnorris01
rlnorris01
Community Member

So I have been a 1Password standalone user for some time now and at some point I tried to convert over to an account but got frustrated migrating my vault over and decided to abandon the change. Recently I was subject to a data breach and am trying to get everything going again with my 1Password account. I have absolutely no idea what or where my security key is. I did the find my account and recover the first portion of my key but I am have difficulty with the rest of it. Is it possible to recover the entire key?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: 0SX 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rlnorris01: The Secret Key is critical to use a 1Password.com account and only you will have ever known it, so it's not something that can be "recovered". But if you never used the account you can simply start over and make sure you save it somewhere safe this time. Since sensitive account information may be involved, it's best to contact us at support@1password.com for assistance with anything like that, but I'll shoot you an email in a minute here to get the ball rolling. :)

ref: LJN-54735-648

• rlnorris01
    rlnorris01
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the quick response and assistance!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.