Sync windows 10

Options

I have two windows 10 computers. One the home one I changed a password and deleted some (double) logins (same account). Now I am at work and it hasn't synced. What to do (running version 6)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync between two windows 10 computers

Comments

• @BasStraub: With work networks, there's always a chance of something getting in the way of sync. First, I'd make an edit on your work computer and save it to see if that forces a sync. Just adding a note to a Login, for example, would do fine. Even if it does, though, I'd recommend sending a diagnostics report from each PC over to support+windows@1password.com so we can take a look. It's really hard to guess at what might be causing sync trouble without some logs, so those reports will be a great help to us in tracking down the trouble. :chuffed:

If you post the support ID you receive in the auto-reply to your e-mail here, that will let us track it down so we can make sure you get a reply as quickly as possible. Thanks! :+1:

• SergeyK
    SergeyK
    Community Member
    Options

I'm very frustrated with the same problem.

I have several accounts on several machines.

1Password on Windows always have problems with synchronization.
    This is not network related issue, it observe this problem time to time over long period of time on different machines.

Please add "last synced" timestamp and manual "sync" button to the UI so I could have control over it.
    I cannot rely on your "intelligent" synchronization, it just never works when it needed.

I was raising the issue about a year ago, nothing changed so far.

• @SergeyK: While I understand that sync issues can be frustrating, we want to fix those issues, not mask them with a "sync now" button. Working with customers that have run into these sorts of problems has already allowed us to address numerous issues leading to sync trouble in the 1Password 7 betas ranging from proxy detecting to better recovering from brief network drops. If everyone running into problems were just clicking a "sync now" button to fix this, rather than letting us know something was wrong, we might never have been able to make these improvements.

As I mentioned in my original reply here, there are any number of things that can cause sync trouble and they're difficult to diagnose in a vacuum. Sometimes it's a network issue, and yes, sometimes it's an issue on our end. If you're running into trouble, I'd first recommend giving the 1Password 7 beta a try. The improvements there are such that I actually feel bad it's not ready to be released yet. It's fixed sync issues for tons of customers I've worked with personally and I'm sure my teammates would say the same. If you're not up for trying to the beat or are still having trouble after giving it a go, we'd love to take a look at some diagnostics from your PCs as well, so we can hunt down the trouble and get it fixed for good. :chuffed:

• SergeyK
    SergeyK
    Community Member
    Options

Please add sync timestamp into the UI. Or add some yellow bar when it fails to sync for some reason.

This is very frustrating when I copy password from 1Password, and password is wrong... and I have to look it up on mobile to compare and see that desktop client is out of sync.

• @sergeyK: In 1Password 7, we have added a UI element to show when 1Password isn't able to connect to the server (and thus is not syncing). There will be a little cloud with a slash through it in the top right of the app to let you know. :+1:

• SergeyK
    SergeyK
    Community Member
    Options

Noted, thank you very much.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SergeyK: On behalf of Kate you are very welcome! :chuffed:

Feel free to raise any other questions, we are always ready to help you with 1Password.

Have a great Sunday!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.