reddit redesign login issues

Options

I'm running version 1.7.1 in chrome 66. Looks like the reddit redesign is causing problems with the form fill for sign in. However, it only happens if you sign in from the "redesign" version. Unfortunately this is hard to recreate because when you logout of reddit, it (pretty nearly always) switches you back to the "standard" version.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.7.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dalton
    edited May 2018
    Options

Thanks for reaching out to us about this and welcome to the forum, @kopas! I did some experimenting on my end but wasn't able to reproduce any filling issues with Reddit's redesigned sign-in page using 1Password X 1.7.1 and Chrome 66. We don't show the inline menu icon whatsoever there (I've created a separate issue for that), but 1Password X does appear to fill the sign-in form correctly.

Would you be willing to share a few more details about the behavior you saw? Did 1Password X just not fill at all or only partially? If it helps, I was able to consistently test Reddit's redesigned sign-in page by using 1Password X in an incognito window. You'll need to enable 1Password X in incognito mode by going to chrome://extensions, clicking the Details button for 1Password X, then enabling "Allow in incognito".

ref: b5x-414

• kopas
    kopas
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Thanks for the detailed follow-up. I was able to get the redesign login page to show up by hitting https://www.reddit.com/r/redesign/ directly after logging out. I tested again and the behavior I was seeing previously is gone.

Previously it seemed like it was auto-submitting the form and it just wouldn't take. Now it just enters the details, I click "sign in" and everything works. Not sure if it was a fluke or something on my end... but it works just fine for me now!

• kopas
    kopas
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to recreate the problem. I screencapped it and collected console and har logs from chrome. What's the best way for me to get this information to you to review?

• dalton
    edited May 2018
    Options

@kopas: It's interesting how this behavior is apparently intermittent. Perhaps Reddit is still messing with their sign-in page. 🙂 Either way, if you're willing to send your recording of the behavior and logs to support+x@1password.com, I'd be happy to take another look!

This discussion has been closed.