Language selection list

Options
ondrejfuhrer
ondrejfuhrer
Community Member

Hey,

I was just wondering, is there any logical sorting for the language selection? It seems like the list is just randomly sorted so it is "hard" to find a language that you are looking for.

Also the selection itself could be a little bit better. It is nice, that if I change a language it "immediately" use the new one, but not everywhere (i.e. the bottom menu is still in the original). That fixes itself after restarting the app. Maybe it would be better to raise an alert that it would take effect after restart and not change it just partially? Or, if possible, change everything? :chuffed:

1Password Version: 7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018
    Options

I was just wondering, is there any logical sorting for the language selection? It seems like the list is just randomly sorted so it is "hard" to find a language that you are looking for.

@ondrejfuhrer: They're all sorted by the language code. For example, "(en)" for "English", "(ja)" for 日本語 (Japanese), and "(sv)" for "svenska" (Swedish).

Also the selection itself could be a little bit better. It is nice, that if I change a language it "immediately" use the new one, but not everywhere (i.e. the bottom menu is still in the original). That fixes itself after restarting the app. Maybe it would be better to raise an alert that it would take effect after restart and not change it just partially? Or, if possible, change everything? :chuffed:

I think it would be better if we can make everything change on the fly, but we'll see what we can do. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

This discussion has been closed.