Linux Ubuntu FF60b15 1PX 1.6.7: Blank window/popup

nomad55
nomad55
Community Member

After using it sucessfully from 1.6.3 on FF beta5 or so onwards, I only get a blank window/popup after clicking the 1Password button in the toolbar or pressing Ctrl+. (period)

I only see

Unable to save popup state. popup.js:1:8469
error occurred while processing 'sources: TypeError: can't access dead object
Stack: createNonSourceMappedActor@resource://devtools/shared/base-loader.js -> resource://devtools/server/actors/utils/TabSources.js:312:1
createSourceActors/<@resource://devtools/shared/base-loader.js -> resource://devtools/server/actors/utils/TabSources.js:400:19
Line: 312, column: 1

in the Addon-Debugger.

further exceptions regarding the same add-on-id:

In add-on {d634138d-c276-4fc8-924b-40a0ea21d284}, attempting to use listener "notifications.onButtonClicked", which is unimplemented.

in a background.js which seems related to 1px

Content Security Policy: The page's settings observed the loading of a resource at self ("default-src"). Source: call to eval() or related function blocked by CSP.

and

Error: Promised response from onMessage listener went out of scope

After a sucessful login on https://my.1password.com/signin in a separate tab the extension works fine until the next browser restart.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.6.7
OS Version: Ubuntu 18.04
Sync Type: my.1password.com

Comments

• Thanks for reporting this behavior and the logs you're seeing, @nomad55. Just to clarify, are you seeing the blank popup everytime you open 1Password X until you sign in to 1Password.com? Also, would you be willing to double-check that this issue is still present with the latest version of 1Password X (1.8)? If it is, could you kindly share the current version of Firefox that you're seeing the issue in? I'll try to reproduce the behavior on my end using those details.

• nomad55
    nomad55
    Community Member

Yes exactly, I only see a white popup until I sign in to my.1password.com. Afterwards the extension works fine. I'm currently running Firefox 60.0~b16+build1-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 from the Mozilla's ppa for Ubuntu 18.04 and Version 1.7.0 of the extension (no update today). I'm willing to test or try whatever you need to track down that issue... I'm glad to help, since I like the extension.

BTW: I'm also running chromium-browser (65.0.3325.181-0ubuntu1) with the 1.8.1 beta extension, which works fine. Just to confirm it's not an environment thing (I have to use a proxy in my work environment)

• ThatChris
    ThatChris
    Community Member

Just wanted to chime in and say this issue is also occurring for me on a fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04. I'm running Firefox 60b16 (from Mozilla's firefox-next PPA). I have version 1.7 of 1Password X installed.

• melyanna
    melyanna
    Community Member

Hi!
    Exact same issue here, and same setup as above, ie: Ubuntu 18.04 with Firefox 60b16 and latest available version of 1Password X

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

Hey everyone!

Can you please try removing the copy of 1Password X you have and add the version now on the Firefox add-ons page?

Are you seeing the same issue and/or error in the debugging console?

I just sent my Macbook pro in to get services and I'm loving Ubuntu 18, so I'll probably be staying on the dark (or light depending on our view) side for a while.

I don't see this issue running the following:

$ lsb_release -a
    Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description:    Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
    Release:    18.04
    Codename:   bionic

$ firefox --version
    Mozilla Firefox 60.0

Thanks for your help! I'd love to get this issue reproduced if necessary.

&drew

• melyanna
    melyanna
    Community Member

Hi,

I removed the 1passwordX beta extension and added the release version, however the issue is still happening.
    I am emailing support with a screenshot of the console log - I'll reference this thread too.

Here is the screenshot in case it is of any help.

• Nicholas Pufal
    Nicholas Pufal
    Community Member

I'm also having the exact same issue. Whenever I haven't unlocked my vault yet and I click on the extension's icon I get no popup at all. I need to visit my.1password.com and unlock my vault using my master password in order to be able to click on it and have the popup properly appearing.

This seems to be an issue only with unlocking the vault. As soon as I do the steps above and unlock the vault using that alternate method then everything works butter smooth for me (the extension then works everytime I click on it and lists all of my items)

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description:    Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
    Release:    18.04
    Codename:   bionic

Mozilla Firefox 60.0

1Password X 1.7.1

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

I'm going to close this discussion so we're not all trying to have the same conversation in multiple places. We'll continue investigating this here:

1Password X blank in Firefox

Thanks everyone for the feedback on this issue! :)

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hello everyone!

I greatly apologize for the delay, we've discovered there is a bug in Ubuntu 18.04 which is causing all Firefox extensions with password fields not to work correctly. I've just created a post which explains the issue in detail with possible ways to work around it.

Please let me know on that discussion if you have any questions and have a great week!

&drew

This discussion has been closed.